Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC always crashes

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I cannot use anymore Acrobat DC because it crashes very often, for example when I modify a note or when I try to add one more note in the file and so on and so forth.

It happens also when I work a while on modify pages tool but I think almost all the operation on files (all pdf files, not a specific one) causes the unexpected closure of the program.

I have a HP ZBook 15 G3 notebook with Windows 7 Enterprise as OS, NVIDIA Quadro M2000M graphic card.

Thanks for helping me

Enrico

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening without about any tool on both the Mac and the Windows versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, does this mean that I cannot do anything to solve this issue at the moment...?

Thanks for your support, Brycesteiner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can try deleting preferences and reinstalling, which is what I would do first, but it will still be very unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a Adobe Technician remote-in to my computer yesterday. He worked for almost an hour. After performing the entire "fix" processes twice, said he fixed it and to restart. Acrobat Pro DC still freezes. Task manager > End Task is the only way to get it off of my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only to share with you, I've deleted and reinstalled DC twice, tried Guide>repair installation 4 times and made all the procedures contained in this page Risoluzione di arresti anomali intermittenti di Acrobat DC su Windows but... neither improvements or changes. Currently I can use Acrobat only to read PDFs.

Now we could only hope in a program update.

Thanks everybody for sharing your experience, at least I'm not the only one with this problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi enricop,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is crashing on your Windows machine, is that correct?

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

2- If that doesn't work, set Acrobat to launch Acrobat as an administrator using the steps given in the following help document-

Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Is there any error message when Acrobat crashes?

Does this happen with specific pdf files or with all the pdf files?

Also, confirm the dot version of Acrobat running on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

thanks for your interesting answer and advices.

To reply I follow your points.

Yes, it is correct that Acrobat is crashing in a Windows 7 Enterprise machine.

I tried all your suggestions but unfortunately the issue still remains...

I checked updates and my version seems to be the last available (it is the "Continuous Release | Version 2019.008.20081") and now I am running it as administrator. No improvements, it crashes everytime and with any pdf file. Typically (but not only) when I add notes, at the second or third insertion the program freezes and the error message is more or less the following (I am trying to translate it from Italian, sorry for my English): "Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working.

Windows: a problem occurred that blocks the correct functioning of the program. If a solution is available, the program will be shut down and an automatic communication will be delivered. [in this alert window there is a button on the low right part saying "Close programs"]."

I am desperate, in this moment I can use Acrobat as a Reader version to only open and read pdf files...

Thanks again

Enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for the info.

Could you try replicating the issue in a new user account by clicking on the Start button > control panel > add or remove user accounts > create a new account. Login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shivam,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

I have some troubles to try replicating the issue in a new user account because the computer is a company one so I have to contact my IT colleagues for doing this test. Anyway, if it is the only test possible, I will do it. Keep you informed

Thanks

Enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines