Exit

Synchronisation with the cloud

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running LR classic CC 8.0.

I 'm trying to syncronize some of my collections to the cloud, but I NEVER managed to sync all of the images of a collection to the cloud. I ALWAYS end up with one or several image in error. I havent found a way to resync the images that generated an error. How can I force a resync for those files ?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are in the Sync Errors, remove them from there. However, this also removes them from the collection, so first add them to the Quick Collection and remember which collection they were in. Then remove them from Sync Errors, give it a few seconds, and add them to the collection again.

You might also try saving metadata to file, and then build a smart preview before adding them back to the collection.

What type of files are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're Nikon raw files (.nef).

How do you remove the sync errors ?

I see them under Lightroom > preferences > LR sync, but I can't delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Library, not in Preferences, go to the Catalog panel. Sync Errors is in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, it worked !

one question though: why LR does not handle the retry on its own ? shouldn't be complicated to retry a few times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it does, and eventually gives up? Impossible to know.

Glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

now I notice that 3 images are missing on the cloud for a collection, and there are no sync error. Any suggestion ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines