• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refresh video metadata

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used ExifTool to make some corrections to the times in a video file (.MOV). I'd like Lightroom to get these updates, but the "Read Metadata from File" command is greyed out. If I remove and re-add the video, the "Date Time Digitized" value will reflect my changes. How do I do this without removing the file (and losing all internal Lightroom metadata)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

After some further research/experimentation: it appears that the "Date Time Digitized" and "Date Time" fields of videos are immutable. They get set on video import, and afterwards there is no mechanism—through the Lightroom UI, the SDK, or file modification—to update them.

Would love to hear that I'm wrong, if anyone has found a way to change these fields short of removing and re-importing the video.

(Note that I'm not talking about "Date Time Original" or the IPTC "Date Created", which typically

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my post in the SDK forum: Re: Edit capture time via SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After some further research/experimentation: it appears that the "Date Time Digitized" and "Date Time" fields of videos are immutable. They get set on video import, and afterwards there is no mechanism—through the Lightroom UI, the SDK, or file modification—to update them.

Would love to hear that I'm wrong, if anyone has found a way to change these fields short of removing and re-importing the video.

(Note that I'm not talking about "Date Time Original" or the IPTC "Date Created", which typically aren't set in the file at all, and can be modified via Metadata -> Edit Capture Time.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines