• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC: Lens Correction does not list all lenses

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completely updated LR Classic CC. When I merge three photos with Photomatix as a LR plug-in, the lens correction panel only lists just a few lenses for the merged photo. It always chooses Canon 15mm and does not even have Canon 16-35mm. I am forced to pick Canon 17-40mm since it is the closest. Why does LR not have all the lenses listed????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most lens profiles apply only to raw photos. See this post by an Adobe engineer for the rationale and how to work around the restriction: Camera Raw/Lightroom: When will my Lens profile be available? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at where the lens Profiles are kept, I notice its related to Camera Raw. What is your ACR version??

Yes, I know, LR is ACR with extra bells and whistles, but humor me and  go and check on your ACR version, update it if not latest (11 I think). see if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use ACR; I import directly into Lightroom. Several Canon mount lenses are included in the drop down list; why can't the 16-35mm lens be included?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the point, point is go and install ACR anyhow and verify helpful or bull.

check that it is latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand. Why install ACR if I do not use it to import photos?

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the lens corrections data (file) is stored on the computer in a folder related to ACR.

Now, what would it hurt to just try, see that I am full of it, and report back, nope, no help. And we can move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I installed Camera Raw CC but it did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for considering my inquiry.

Now, having proved my hunch wrong. Look at the following folder (this is on a windows PC, so adjust for MAC):

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\

Does that folder have a long list of manufacturers and within them, lenses??

Oh, and a screen shot of my Canon section:(highlighted lens just a coincidence, read nothing into it):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it and it lists all lenses. What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained above what's happening: Most lens profiles apply only to raw photos. Photomatix produces a TIFF output file; a TIFF is not a raw, so you won't see most of the lens profiles listed in the Lens Corrections panel. See this post by an Adobe engineer for the rationale and how to work around the restriction: Camera Raw/Lightroom: When will my Lens profile be available? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, on the RAW vs TIFF vs etc issue. Go into your catalog, select a RAW image, and see if your lens shows up.

Lets make sure this is a format issue as opposed to an install issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does show up on a RAW image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so give johnrellis  a like and an answered. He nailed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the problem still exists. The 16-35mm lens appears for RAW images, but not for merged Tiff images.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the problem still exists. The 16-35mm lens appears for RAW images, but not for merged Tiff images.

That's by explicit design of the Adobe Camera Raw engine, explained by an Adobe engineer in the link I've already posted: Camera Raw/Lightroom: When will my Lens profile be available? | Photoshop Family Customer Community . The explanation includes a simple workaround that lets you modify lens profiles to apply to TIFFs and JPEGs.

If you want ACR and LR to have different behavior, file a feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs and feature requests posted: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community. Adobe product engineers won't read your posts here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am not being stubborn; the workaround does not appear to be that simple and I am afraid I will mess something up.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The instructions have you edit a copy of an existing profile, so even if you make a mistake, you can just delete the copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines