• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000005) click OK to close the application. "

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000005) click OK to close the application. "

Trust me guys, I've tried everything to fix this to open Premiere Pro CC

disabling Nvidia, installing previous versions...

from CC 12 to CC 18.

I still haven't found how to fix it.

PC Windows 7

64g ram

Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti

what should I do..?  help me please!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I said,,,, I've tried all things..  of course I saw that thread and tried as they answered.

it didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Brian+Lee+AussieBum  escribió

PC Windows 7

Update your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've updated Windows 7 very recently, it's the latest version.  or do you mean that I need to upgrade to Windows 10???

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what was mentioned in the previous link did not work, I think you should consider installing Windows 10, a system more compatible with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Brian Lee,

One of our engineers ran into this issue when troubleshooting a friend's machine. Here's the missive around this issue, written by an engineer:

Background

It turned out that the crash occurred very early, while initializing an NVIDIA DLL that appeared to have no essential connection with what Premiere Pro was doing at the time (running static initializers very early in execution). Further investigation revealed that the culprit was an NVIDIA DLL that was injected into the Premiere Pro address space using the Windows AppInit_DLLs mechanism, and which is purportedly related to the Optimus feature on laptops.

My friend’s system is a Lenovo W530 running Windows 7. The BIOS on that machine allows the selection of Intel GPU only, Optimus, or Nvidia GPU (K1000M) only.   The crash is not observed when using Intel graphics only.

Troubleshooting: Attempting to disable one of the GPUs

Initially, switching off Optimus and selecting the Nvidia only mode fixed the problem, but it turned out that the machine had reverted to a very old driver upon reboot that was not supported by the Mercury Playback engine. After installing current drivers from the Nvidia website, the crash had returned. Since we were not using the Optimus feature, however, it appeared unnecessary to load the Optimus support via AppInit_DLLs, and there were reports elsewhere of issues being resolve by editing the registry to remove the DLL injection. For the user, this works. Note, however, that he uses his machine almost exclusively on AC power. Running on the discrete GPU only is not an option for extensive mobile use, and manually switching in the BIOS is painful. Perhaps this will shed some light on the issue, however.

The Fix: Clearing a registry key

"The crash was due to the NVIDIA DLL, nvd3d9wrap.dll. The blog post below describes how nvinit.dll is injected by AppInit_DDLs, loads nvd3d9wrap.dll, which then goes on to hotpatch various Windows internals. It occurs during early initialization of nvd3d0wrap.dll, while calling into setupapi.dll to perform some sort of device enumeration.

http://dblohm7.ca/blog/2016/01/11/bugs-from-hell-injected-third-party-code-plus-detours-equals-a-bad...

I got PPro working on the user's machine by clearing the following registry key, which had been set to nvinit.dll:"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\LoadAppInit_DLLs

I hope this info helps. It appears to be only an issue with WIN7.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the same problem. It startet with the April-Update of CC Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder. All Apps have to do with video.

My PC is Win 7 64 bit, my graphic drivers are Intel and Nvidia.

This solved my problem and allowed starting all Apps above:

Regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Software

Microsoft

WindowsNT

CurrentVersion

Windows

LOADAPPINIT_DLLs REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (This is standard).

I change this REG_DWORD to 0x00000000 (from 1 to 0) before I start one of the Apps above. All open without error message.

I can manually reset after finishing these Apps. However any newstart resets automatically to 1 again.

There was no impact for any other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines