• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refer to a RH section or topic

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to refer to a section or topic or image from outside RH. I am using RH to deliver some content and as part of the management of that product I would like to refer to some of that content. For example a project quality (word) document is being used to identify where information is, some of that is in RH and some of it is in other project artefacts. If RH was a word document then I would be able to refer to Section X or Figure N. With RH it seems that all I can say is that it is in RH 'somewhere'. Ideas or sugestions anyone ... ?

I curently have an old version of RH but it is likley that I'll be upgrading to RH7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J Stone and welcome to the RH community.
Can you tell us what type of RH output you are producing as this will govern what the answer is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of RH I am using is pretty old (2002) and it only supports CHM. (However I am looking to get the latest version.) I suppose my question would relate in the first instance to a CHM output due to it's flexibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: J Stone
I suppose my question would relate in the first instance to a CHM output due to it's flexibility.

You shouldn't have said that as with a CHM there is no way to do this as everything is compiled into a single file. The only way I can see you could achieve this is by referring to a topic in the TOC structure or a unique index keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only really refer to CHM as that is the only output currently available to me (and I quite like the Browse Sequence breadcrum-like trail). Do any of the available output formats allow for an identifying number (for example Figure 3 or Section 2)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi J Stone

Hopefully Colum will pardon my uninvited intrusion into the thread. But you made a statement that seems to have escaped raising any potential questions. You said:

The current version of RH I am using is pretty old (2002) and it only supports CHM.

Unless I'm misunderstanding or am really confused, you should be able to create all sorts of outputs with that version. WebHelp should be there too.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outputs like WebHelp are a series of files and so you can refer to specific HTM files or bookmarks therein.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp