• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my HDR Panorama feature gone?

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 7.44.52 AM.pngSo in the desktop classic cc (which they'd just change the stupid name to Desktop vs. Cloud instead of always having to put this in parenthesis) all of a sudden my latest update does not include HDR Panorama.  Prior to my update I saw it there.  Looking under "about" I see that I'm version 7.5.  Attached is a screenshot of what I see now.  I tried clicking on three raw files (not in this display) to try and merge to see if it made a difference if I had selected files and it doesn't.  The option is still not there.  I also have no updates pending in CC.

Anyone else having this problem?

Laura Macky

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

You might need to go to your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and uninstall LR, then turn around and reinstall LR

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the screenshot you posted, only one photo is selected, whereas Photo Merge requires at least two photos to be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried clicking on three raw files (not in this display) to try and merge to see if it made a difference if I had selected files and it doesn't.

Please post a screenshot when two or more photos are selected. That could give clues to what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off as you are a paying subscriber, you should be seeing an update for LR, PS, Bridge, and ACR in your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app. make sure you are logged in and check. If nothing, then your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App need updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and on your next attempt, the one to show us a new screenshot of, Instead of going up to the menu, and having the pull down cover up so much screen, how about, instead, right click to get an alternative pull down. Screen shot might be cleaner of obstructions that way.

for example:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 10.24.42 AM.png

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally to check your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app version, when you have it up, click on those three dots upper right, go to preferences, and you can see what it is:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the current version.  Weird.

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot of two photos selected.  I neglected to mention previously that I had tried this. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 10.22.04 AM.png

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LauraMacky  wrote

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 7.44.52 AM.pngSo in the desktop classic cc (which they'd just change the stupid name to Desktop vs. Cloud instead of always having to put this in parenthesis) all of a sudden my latest update does not include HDR Panorama.  Prior to my update I saw it there.  Looking under "about" I see that I'm version 7.5.  Attached is a screenshot of what I see now.  I tried clicking on three raw files (not in this display) to try and merge to see if it made a difference if I had selected files and it doesn't.  The option is still not there.  I also have no updates pending in CC.

Anyone else having this problem?

If 'About' says 7.5, then it sounds like you have 'downgraded', not updated. HDR-panorama was just introduced in Lightroom Classic 8. Now you are back with Lightroom Classic 7.5 again. So either you have two versions of the program and started the wrong one (that could happen if you still have an old version on a backup disk that has now started instead of the version on your main disk), or you have installed the older version again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how I could've downgraded.  I did search my computer to see if I had another version of LR but I don't.  This is so odd.

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to go to your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and uninstall LR, then turn around and reinstall LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks...great minds think alike as I just did that and now I'm on the new version and HDR Panorama is there.  Thanks a lot for your help!

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an extra, should you go to Edit In, and Photoshop is not at the top, do the same for Photoshop (I had that issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind.

Sent from, and typos courtesy of, my iPhone

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines