• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import video (mp4 & mov ) on premier pro cc2019 (i'm cryin')

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

That drives me crazy ( not britney spears song i promise), but I decide to install for the first time adobe premier pro cc 2019, the trial version, and if that finaly work , gonna add it to my actual adobe pack. SO, i have windows 10, the lastest version, my computer is pretty young and have cool skills (he can support easily all the update from adobe). Whatever. I launch premiere, i want to import my video annnnd, this annoying message appeared " can't be read on the computer disk / or can't read this file). So I watch and read lot of tuto, old same topic message in different forums, tried all these "fix issues" solutions, but no one works ( how to lose your day? Call me please!).
Like Adobe cc cleaner ( with all the steps)

Convert the video with handbrake

Download the last windows media pack number blabla ( won't install cause my computer said " nope i already have the latest version of your stuff dude".

So VOILA ( yeah i'm french that explain all).

If somebody want to be my hero for this ( or wonder woman btw ). Please, make a guy happy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan. This seems a little strange as PP can natively support both .mp4 and .mov files. Can you kindly post your system spec and the OS you are running so that I can look at a solution. Also can you send a pic of the media info of the files that you are trying to import. Thanks. Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan,

If I'm understanding correctly, you did not have any version of Premiere before - is that right?

Can you import any video files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's correct! On this computer, I have an oooold one on my previous computer and not even with my actual adobe account but another one.
So no i can't import any video file, .mov or mp4 or avi, none of them!

Hi Inet!
I have windows professional N with  an EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING/ACX 2.0 6GB GDDR5/DX12 / intel I7-7700 !

I'm gonne send you the info of the file but it's an usual typicaly file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-11-03 (1).png2018-11-03 (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to create the footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reflex Canon 60D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even from the video file of my phone it can't read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Does VLC play the clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

What is the exact (word for word) error message that comes up when you import the media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"impossible to open the file on the disk", i change the localisation to try this solution, try different video file at different localisation, like not on the same disk, external and intern, the same message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that message translated from another language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From french

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-11-03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this issue being resolved by installing the latest Windows 10 Media Feature Pack

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4057437/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-april-2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jordan!

Have you been able to import everything? Was your problem fixed? Let us know if not.

Thanks!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines