• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 standalone - Cannot be updated to 6.14

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed lightroom 6 standalone (purchased in July this year) on a new machine.

For some reason I am now unable to succesfully apply the patch I have downloaded to update to 6.14. The patch doesn't work and a message tell me to call customer support.

Please note I successfully did the same operation some months ago, immediately after purchasing the product, on the old machine , where the version was correctly updated to 6.14.

I notice that after installing 6.0 on  machine the "update" field under "help" curtain is now disabled, while it is not in the installation on th eold machine.

Can anyone help me ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system? Tell us the exact version NUMBER of the operating system and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

What is the complete exact unedited word-for-word error message you are getting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt answer.

operating sistem : Windows 10 home. Version 1803

Build 17134.966.

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it 64 or 32 bit?

If 32 that might be the problem. Newer versions of LR need a 64 bit OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can install the 6.14 update after downloading it from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 64 bit.

I have downloaded both 6.0 and the patch from the same place you posted. It’s something else ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after downloading the 6.14 update have you RUN the installer for the update?

Just downloading it does nothing.

If you have what exact error do you get or what exactly happens when you try to install the 6.14 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course I have tried to install the patch.

( note that, as you can read in my first post, I have already done successfully the upgrade to 6.14 on a different machine some months ago, so I am sure I am following the right procedure  )

This time a window shows up and says ( traslating from my own language)

Adobe Application manager

Impossible to apply updates

To install updates call administrator who has disabled the possibility to install updates. If the problem is not solved call customer support.

unquote

Obviously I am the administrator of my machine and I haven't disabled anything. I have also run both  the patch and lightroom as administrator in windows but nothing change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines