• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple (2) instances of parent in Folder when keeping catalogs in multiple hard drives

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First some context

Using new skill sets, and new tools withing Lightroom, I have been re-working old images. Now, and this will get some members arguing, but I am old school, and as such, I use multiple catalogs, not just one big humongous one. (not the point of this post)

I keep all data files, including LR catalogs on drive F (Internal), and a copy on external B, and another on a NAS, I place CACH files, etc, on Drive S. And just to complicate things, I work on my current LR catalog on drive W (fastest drive), all apps on C.

Moving on to the issue

So, the issue, I copied an old catalog from F to W Started LR, Ok. BUT.. in folder I see two parents, one on F one on W. And to make things nasty, just ignoring the F drive, working in the folder on W, the catalog in F gets modified not W.

Current work around is to move instead of copy from F to W. I have a backup, and a backup of the backup, so safe..

So, the inquiry, what gives??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, LR CC Classic 8, Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines