• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 19 crashing seconds after launch

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I'm not buying Adobe Products then?

I'm trying out the trial on a fairly new computer.

After a few seconds of launching, I get:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE AdobeCrashReport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd">

<crashreport serviceVersion="1.6.4" clientVersion="1.6.4" applicationName="Premiere Pro" applicationVersion="12.1.2" build="69">

<time year="2018" month="11" day="4" hour="0" minute="29" second="39"/>

<user guid="afabccda-4602-46b1-9039-1328c8e6027a"/>

<system platform="Windows 10 Home" osversion="10.0" osbuild="17134" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="en-US" oslanguage="en-US" ram="16286" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10" cpuCount="12" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2208 MHz"/>

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x00007FFCC9A409C0">

<backtrace crashedThread="0">

<thread index="0">

<stackStatement index="0" address="0x00007FFCC9A409C0" symbolname="clGetExtensionFunctionAddress"/>

<stackStatement index="1" address="0x00007FFD2F8745A1" symbolname="StretchBlt"/>

<stackStatement index="2" address="0x00007FFD304334BC" symbolname="RtlUnsubscribeWnfNotificationWaitForCompletion"/>

<stackStatement index="3" address="0x00007FFD30433196" symbolname="RtlUnsubscribeWnfNotificationWaitForCompletion"/>

<stackStatement index="4" address="0x00007FFD30433030" symbolname="RtlUnsubscribeWnfNotificationWaitForCompletion"/>

<stackStatement index="5" address="0x00007FFD30432D34" symbolname="RtlUnsubscribeWnfNotificationWaitForCompletion"/>

<stackStatement index="6" address="0x00007FFD3040F5C9" symbolname="RtlReleaseSRWLockExclusive"/>

<stackStatement index="7" address="0x00007FFD2DAB3034" symbolname="BaseThreadInitThunk"/>

<stackStatement index="8" address="0x00007FFD30461461" symbolname="RtlUserThreadStart"/>

</thread>

</backtrace>

I've tried:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling
  2. Using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool
  3. Changing render settings
  4. Wiping our the registry and then reinstalling
  5. Scanning my computer for malware?? Doubt this made any connection
  6. Updated all my drivers
  7. Disabled UAC
  8. Launched with compatibility settings (Win8 and Vista)

My computer specs

OS

• Windows® 10 Home (64-bit)

Processor

• Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-8750H processor 6 Core

Graphics

• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 Max-Q (8GB VRAM)

Storage

• 256GB SSD

Memory

• 16GB dual-channel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am extensively researching this issue that is occurring for me on both Photoshop and Lightroom classic.

Do you by chance happen to own a PC with dual GPU?   An Intel one and a Nvidia one?   If you are lucky enough to be able to disable the Intel GPU in the bios (for instance on Thinkpads), this could help!

I own a Dell XPS 15 9570 and, unfortunately, on this system, Intel GPU is required to be active all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StretchBlt is a graphics request. try software mode in premiere

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue, WonderfulGlow?

Let us know!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

To all of you experiencing crashes after a few seconds (or minutes) when using ANY CC application (Seen on PS, LR classic, PPro...), I suggest you try the following solution that worked for me (after MANY tinkerings with updates, drivers...)

Even though my active GPU was Nvidia, the fix was to upgrade the INTEL drivers. I know this sounds strange.

I was @ version 24.xxx   and I had to upgrade to 25.xxx

However this is not straightforward : if you just download the new driver and launch exe, in my case, it refused to install because manufacturer drivers were installed (Dell). I had to :

• Download latest Intel driver from Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 630  (in my case, since I have HD 630)
  • Unzip the exe in a folder using, for instance, 7zip
  • go to device manager (Windows + X --> device manager)
  • uninstall Intel drivers and click on "Delete driver files"
  • DISCONNECT YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION
  • In the device manager, right-click anywhere and choose "Scan for hardware changes"
  • Wait for the Intel display adapter to appear
  • Right click and choose "Update driver". If it is disabled, click on Properties then Driver then Update driver.
  • Choose "Have disk" and locate the place where you extracted the Intel driver
  • Let it install
  • Renable Internet connection

Hopefully once this is done, your problems are over. They were for me, even though I was using the Nvidia driver!!!! (go figure)

A reboot might be necessary.

Wish you all the best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines