• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC 8.0 update not importing.

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to Lightroom classic cc 8.0 is not  importing new images... The fault dialogue says ( the following files were not imported because they could not be read or the destination folder is not writable ) this does not prove to be correct.

I'm using Lightroom on two machines. I have only updated to Lightroom 8.0 on my desktop, which is not importing new images. My library catalogue is on an external HD which I swap between my two machines. My laptop has NOT been updated to 8.0 and is working fine, importing new images and Reading and writing to the same external hard drive.

I have reset prefs. with negative results.

Anyone have a fix for this... or have the same problem??

[moved to Lightroom Classic forum by Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right there in you post, the error that comes up, is the problem. More than likely the folder you have selected for the Destination of the Copied images isn't Writable. IE your user name doesn't have the proper permissions. Select a different destination folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Just Shoot Me

By the time I read your reply I had tried several things, including reloading the previous version Lightroom 7.5. As you had pointed out, it automatically populated the copy to field to the wrong destination.

So I guess the same happened to the 8.0 update as well. I don’t know how long it would have taken me to stumble across the change.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines