• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there is no scripting reference in Adobe Animate for using javascript in Animates code-editor?

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why there is no scripting reference in Adobe Animate on how to use javascript in Animate. Maybe I am not looking in the right place. I know there is a good online documentation on createJS but to use that in Animate is for a designer/animator that now and then likes to ad some code not clear at all. A mousedrag functionality like this slider example shouldn't be that difficult to work properly but it is though. Even more to make it responsive in a hierarchy. Animate is generating javascript but I cant find anywhere a reference or information how to deal with this generated script within the code-editor of Animate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this forum post and let us know if it answered your question.

Resources to start coding JavaScript in Animate CC

Javascript in Animate CC

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I looked at all these links already.

There is an information gap about how to create javascript in the code editor that takes the generated code into account.

Example; There could be some explanation about why you should always use "this."; or how to deal with functions, methods and objects in the code editor when using different keyframes and instance names in different layers. Or how to how to deal with the hierarchy and local and global transformation.

I don't need to know how the code is generated in detail but only how to deal with it in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no official API yet.

But maybe this cheatsheet can help you:

Re: Keep button state

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That cheatsheet is a good start!

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This creatJS library is integrated since about 2012.  I have no idea why javascript code isn't supported a bit more since it looks like the only good direction for HTML5 and vector graphics. Remember Adobe Edge? I lost clients because of that. Flash the same. I use the software for more than 25 years so I depend on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JavaScript code is supported 100% in HTML5 Canvas documents. How do you get more than that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not saying that javascript isn't supported. To use the code in Animate, dealing with the generated output of Animate, isn't supported besides a few code snippets. That's what my initial question was. I think we are in a loop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are code snippets that can help you if that's what you're looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines