• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost in space -- after the most recent update -- all my user presets and profiles are gone?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, after the most recent update to the new 8 (11-3-20180  I no longer have any presets or profiles. that includes a bunch of x-rite profiles, adjustment presets, and brushes, are all gone. Can I recover them from a current backup? and if so, how???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the presets click on the +, click on manag, and see if they appear but are not checked off to appear in the presets panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that didn't work. they are not even listed. the ones that I use the most are the adjustment brush ones. and I don't see any way to click on anything. Aren't these stored in a folder somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please indicate what procedure you followed to do the upgrade to Lightroom Classic CC 8.0?

Did you remove, uninstall, an earlier version if so what version?

Did you have to update your Catalog file?

Normally updating/ upgrading Lightroom does not require an uninstall/ removal of files from an earlier version, simplify running the install of the update / upgrade package should be sufficient.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the procedure was simple. when I logged in and opened creative cloud - apps and clicked on lightroom classic CC It started the update. after it opened I went to use an adjustment brush and normally they have been listed under the "effects:" laundry list. Not now just the defaults.I haven't done anything with the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an up to date PC windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not addressed any of the specific questions I have asked, so I have no additional info to offer any further advice.!

Please be aware that this is a user to user forum, so the info and assistance that you will obtain here is mainly from users like yourself.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait a minute, are you talking about the adjustment brush, in the develop module, upper right just under the histogram, just above the Basic panel??

Panel has Crop Overlay, Spot Removal, Red Eye Corrections, Graduated Fillterr, Radial Filter, and Adjustment Brush??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the profiles, sorry, was not thinking, It appears you are coming from more than one update behind. What used to be at the bottom right is now in the Basic Panel. Second row in the panel. And vlicking on it goes very deep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now as for presets, several iterations ago, presets got relocated. depending on what version you are coming from (this is actually more deep in Photo Shop than in Lightroom).

In LR, go to /edit/preferences/presets/"Show lightroom develop presets", this will take you to a folder named settings, also notice in the same folder a folder named ImportedSettings. Either folder works. Find your old ones and relocate them. Or, find them and using the presets management import them.

If you have issues with plugins, it is easier to just reinstall the plugin app. (note that a few applications, Luminar and Aurora, have a menu item to do this, lots easier)

One place to look for old presets is: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\Lightroom Presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following link is now dated, but many of yur issues are addressed, new features, one or two interactions back:

Presets « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines