• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I restore to a backup file in LR5?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reinstalled LR5 on a newer pc in an attempt to retrieve the photos for a special project.  How do I get this backup into LR5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article at the link below gives detail instructions on how to transfer Lightroom to a new computer.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am concerned that you might think that your photos are contained in the Catalog.

an attempt to retrieve the photos

They are not!

You can retrieve a Catalog Backup and 'open' the Catalog in Lightroom, but you also need to have the original camera files available also.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for help but all I have are gray boxes. I am not techy at all and really need to pull up these 20,000 photos.  Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there question mark icons on your folders or exclamation point icons on your photos?

If yes, then this might be the solution: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

If no, then this might be the solution: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines