• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when using Color Selector on Animate CC on Mojave

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well on my Mac, I first noticed this issue soon after updating to OSX Mojave. Every time i select a color Adobe Animate CC crashes instantly.

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Did not have much time to troubleshoot so I simply formatted my machine and reinstalled, working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send us some screen captured videos to see this happening? Do you have the latest version of adobe animate? 2019? I can't recreate this issue. Another option would be to uninstall animate and reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the latest version of Adobe Animate but the cloud app is also not working as seen in the screenshots below. The animate color select issue is straight forward anytime i try selecting a color from the main tools color selector the application just crashes / closes.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 5.24.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-06 at 5.24.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. Can you do a clean install of Animate after uninstalling with the CC cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems​ and let us know how it goes.

If you need more assistance, I suggest reaching out to the tech support team directly using this link Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not have much time to troubleshoot so I simply formatted my machine and reinstalled, working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing this issue on an iMac with Mojave. Animate needs access to the computer's accessibility settings under System Preferences. I think you can access them through the "Animate CC" menu within the application. Under "Animate CC" go to "Services > Services Preferences..." Make sure you allow Animate to "take control" of your computer. It sounds very imposing, but unless you do this, Animate will continue to crash every time you attempt to make a color change. 'Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix the issue, go to System Preferences; then Security and Privacy. Once there, go to the Privacy tab, and  then Accessibility. Once there, unlock the lock to make changes and add Adobe Animate to take control of the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!! it worked. And I didn't have to reinstall Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact same issue.

I tried to enable the setting in Accessibility but didn't work out.

I am trying to reinstall it again and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a quick update.

The reinstall didn't fix the issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the issue and the above explanations of the 'accessibility' section may not be clear enough. (In OSX settings there are at least 3 separate 'accessibility' setting areas.)

Open System Preferences

Open Security & Privacy (Usually Top Row)

Select the PRIVACY tab/button at the top.

Select ACCESSIBILITY on left panel.

Click the LOCK to make changes (Bottom left)

Click the '+' button to add app.

Find your Adobe Animate app (You can likely just start typing it in the Search section top right).

Once it's added, click the Lock to prevent further changes.

Go back into Animate and see if you can select a colour using the picker.

Good luck!

@interestica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines