• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic On Mojave is very slow when importing!

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced this problem? I have a brand new macbook pro 2018. Upgraded the OS to Mojave and installed lightroom latest version. I’ve tried importing a few hundred of photos without making any previews nor applying any presets, which takes less than a minute on my 2014 iMac. On my MBP, it takes more than 10 minutes. FYI this was importing not from any external HDs or SD cards. I’ve copied these raw files to my desktop before importing them. I’ve tried reinstalling the app and tried other suggested solutions but none solved the issue. My last resort was to downgrade OS to High Sierra to see if that helps. And IT DID! On High Sierra, importing the files was super fast and no problem at all. I‘m guessing there is a compatibility issue with LS Classic and Mojave. Does anyone else have this problem?

{Moved to Lightroom Classic forum}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mojave 10.14.1? I've not seen the issue. Where is your Lightroom? Is in on your local drive? If you are importing images from your desktop and your catalog is on your internal drive, are you importing via Add or Copy or Copy as DNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was on latest Mojave, not anymore since I’ve downgraded to High Sierra. Everything is on my internal hard drive and it was ADD since my source was also on the internal hd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines