• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader works, but cannot open some files in Acrobat 2017

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that can open PDFs in Acrobat Reader (v 19.008.20080), but cannot always open the files in Acrobat 2017 (v. 17.011.30105). To compound this issue, if the file is successfully opened in Acrobat 2017, when the user tries to re-open the file from her recent list, Acrobat says the file cannot be found.

I have repaired/updated both versions of Adobe, but the issue has not changed. The OS is Windows 10 Pro x64, 16 GB RAM, running WebRoot for the AV. There are no viruses or malware on the system. System age is approximately 2 months old. All Windows patches/updates have been applied.

I have changed default file association from Acrobat 2017 to Adobe Reader, to Edge, to Word, and back to Acrobat 2017. The issue is still the same as when I started.

I have confirmed the current version of Acrobat 2017 (the best I could) in the downloads section (Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows ).

I need help in trying to resolve this issue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi brianw,

As per the issue description mentioned above, users are getting file cannot be found error when trying to open the pdf file in Acrobat 2017, is that correct?

As mentioned, you have Webroot installed on the machine, could you try disabling webroot and try replicating the issue again? Does that work?

Note: Disabling web root is for troubleshooting purpose only. Please enable AV after troubleshooting is complete.

Also, could you let us know if the pdf files are located on a network drive? If yes, copy them on the local machine and try again.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines