• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried to download Adobe Flash but after it was done installing, I couldn't find it in my app list

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to download Adobe Flash (version FP 31 for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI) on my Windows 10 laptop, and the installer works and says that it has downloaded Flash Player, but when I look for it in my apps, I cannot find it, and the plugins still don't work so I assume it hasn't actually been downloaded. Not sure what to do now, I have a similar problem where Adobe Shockwave won't download either although the installer says that it has been installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Hi lineas1801452​,

Once you have downloaded latest Flash Player, you need to install the same. Launch it from from downloads and run it to install. Once installed, you will be able to use it. It will not show as an application on your machine as Flash Player is a browser plugin. If you want to confirm if Flash Player was installed on your machine, go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items and Click on Flash Player. Go to updates tab and see the version of Flash Player installed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player isn't an app, it doesn't show up in your apps list. It is only a browser plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lineas1801452​,

Once you have downloaded latest Flash Player, you need to install the same. Launch it from from downloads and run it to install. Once installed, you will be able to use it. It will not show as an application on your machine as Flash Player is a browser plugin. If you want to confirm if Flash Player was installed on your machine, go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items and Click on Flash Player. Go to updates tab and see the version of Flash Player installed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ridhijain,

Thank you very much, I was able to figure it out with your information, but I was wondering, is Adobe Shockwave also a plugin, or is it an app because I have also downloaded it but cannot find it on my computer.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shockwave Player is also a plugin.  Shockwave Player is used to playback Adobe Director content.  This is rarely needed by the vast majority of people.  For more information on Shockwave Player, see Adobe Shockwave Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines