Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Restarting While Audio Runs

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellp,

Relatively new to the software however i am running into a constant issue and have resorted to the forum for some guidance.

I record video with my iphone (HEVC). The issue that recently has been occurring is that whenever i move my slider on the timeline. The video will glitch out and continuously restart to the beginning of the clip at (0:00) EVEN if i cut out any portion of the video including the beginning. On its first initial run everything is fine up until i decide to move the slider or pause. I am currently attempting to create a proper proxy for the clip however am having trouble finding an appropriate proxy set up for my Video format (HEVC) i record with an iphone X so the file is .265. Any and All Feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Hi caiod32651418,

Sorry for the issue with playback. Please check if it is happening with files from another source.

Is this happening with all projects? Test in a new project.

If it is happening with all footages and projects, try resetting the preferences: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi caiod32651418,

Sorry for the issue with playback. Please check if it is happening with files from another source.

Is this happening with all projects? Test in a new project.

If it is happening with all footages and projects, try resetting the preferences: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey caiod32651418,

Did Vidya's idea about resetting preferences help you out? Let us know! We're here to help.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything worked out perfectly the first day. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue as the original poster. However, I am not able to fix it by resetting preferences. It appears the option to reset preferences is not working, because when I do it, everything remains the same as before. Are there any other ways to reset the preferences besides the method explained in the link Vidya Sagar posted?

Thanks!

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue, none of the solutions above have worked and it is really frustrating since the clips constantly restart but the audio has no issue. Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated since this has still not been solved.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 months later and I have this problem now. It worked perfectly fine on my old base specs Macbook Pro from 2015. Why won't it work on my high-end PC I spent way more money on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just got this issue, and I might just say it's definetly one of the most annoying problems i've ever had to deal with while using Premiere. If anyone finds a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue, then after searching, I've found a post on adobe's community that helped me solve my issue. It is something related to MOV files from iPhone that are edited on Windows OS. The solution was to convert the videos from MOV to MP4 using any converting tool (I am using WinX HD Video Convertor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines