• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Develop Presets to 2nd computer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried copying my Develop Presets from my desktop to my notebook computer.  I copied them into the Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/Lightroom/DevelopSettings folder on the notebook.  Closed LR and restarted and they do not load into my Presets panel. 

I did notice when I go to Lightroom/Preferences/Presets and click on Show Lightroom Develop Presets, it takes me to Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings.  Is this part of my problem?  If so, I don't know how to change that.

I am running Mac High Sierra on both computers and have the most up-to-date version of LR.

Lightroom Classic version: 8.0

License: Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did notice when I go to Lightroom/Preferences/Presets and click on Show Lightroom Develop Presets, it takes me to Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings.  Is this part of my problem? 

Prior to LR 7.3, the location of develop presets was:

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Starting at LR 7.3, the format of the presets changed from .lrtemplate to .xmp, and the location changed to:

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw

The easiest way to get to the new location is via Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Develop Presets.

You tried copying the old-format (.lrtemplate) presets from the old location on the old computer to the new computer. There were almost certainly prefixed with "~~", indicating that LR had already converted them to the new .xmp format. 

Instead, copy the new-format .xmp files from the new location on the old computer to the new location on the new computer:

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

or

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings

The later is whee LR places the=m when you have it import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!!!  It took me a couple times before I completely got what you were saying.  But now all presets are happily on my notebook computer.  Still missing the bunch of presets that disappeared with the LR update a version or two ago but that's a different issue!  Always something to take up hours of time we don't have.  Thanks so much for your help!!  Couldn't have done it without you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'store presets with catalog' preference option is your friend.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines