• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 8.0 CC Classic No Camera Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the camera profiles are showing up for any of my cameras.  I am up to date, have ACR 11.0, LR 8.0, and DNG Converter installed.  ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

Screenshot 2018-11-07 10.19.10.png

Screenshot 2018-11-07 10.12.40.png

Screenshot 2018-11-07 10.03.26.png

Screenshot 2018-11-07 10.31.31.png

Screenshot 2018-11-07 10.30.28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

I have finally found the answer.  The problem was fixed by going in to the Camera Profile folder permissions and changing them all to Read & Write.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please verify image file format, first screen shots do not show that, and my first impression would be non RAW or DNG, but then your ACR screen shots show a file name with RAW extension for Canon, and then for a DNG.

Now, one common thread on this forum for LR issues is to reset your preferences

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

But, then, why is ACR having an issue as well?

When you went into ACR, was the image from your LR catalog, or from the CF (or is it SD) card? If from LR, do you have xmp (metadata) on? (the xmp could/would as a side car get opened along with the CR2 or the DNG in the LR catalog)

Oh, and in LR, verify your process version (5?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both LR and ACR they are the RAW images, I only have raw images. (CR2 & DNG).

Prcoess Version 5 is on.

I do not have XMP sidecars being written.

I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on "Browse ..." what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For DNG I get this

Screenshot 2018-11-07 12.28.36.png

For CR2 files I get this:

Screenshot 2018-11-07 12.29.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if some files are missing,  Went looking on my Windows 10 PC. Searched using Artistic as a search word. Looks like they (along with lots of other items) are kept in c:\Programdata\adobe\....

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\Adobe\Profiles  (hmm, wondering if this is the correct location for current version, or some odd quirk left over from previous versions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, based on an unrelated issue, when you look at System Info (/help/system info/) the second line, License correct? apparently if you have not been logged on to your Adobe Account at some magical time, this line might be something like unknown, and things go bonkers.

Actually, that member got a blank for the develop module (no image displayed)

Have you tried resting your preferences? (previous post and link)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying but yeah, I'm logged in and have both reset preferences along with uninstalling and re-installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen captures included in your initial post appear to be from the images the Adobe Camera Raw plugin in Photoshop, which make me suspect that you used the edit in function in Lightroom to send the images to Photoshop.

Question is have you used Lightroom Develop Module to see if you can find the profiles there?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went to google and started searching on "Adobe Camera Raw Profiles Missing", and stumbled on a thread as follows:

Adobe Camera Raw Missing camera Profiles!!!

Looks like the solution was to move or delete the files (or was it even a sub folder) where the profiles are kept, and then when Lightroom restarted, they got recreated.

And it does look like this is a folder used by both LR and ACR????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember helping somebody here with this and it turned out to be some issue with third party profiles installed. I had them remove the entire folder of third party profiles and the normal profiles showed up again. Then after reimporting the third party profiles everything worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>"some issue with third party profiles installed."

Could be. I couldn't remember ever having a Profile called Matrix for any Canon camera, but to be sure I downloaded a 5D4 file and opened it in ACR. All the Adobe and Camera match profiles you would expect for a Canon, no Matrix.

"User Installed"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The O.P. Is not able to access the camera specific profiles, Matrix is some Adobe profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used LR for ten+ years, back to the time when Adobe Standard was 4.4 and Camera Matching profiles were in Beta but could be downloaded and user installed (LR 2.0). I have Canon and Sony cameras (and at one time Minolta) and never had an Adobe-made profile called "Matrix". I do remember reading references to Nikon using that term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An ahhh moment, yep, no such beast as matrix, appears to be a bit of cryptic Adobe error for, I can’t find your profiles.

googling on Lightroom camera profile matrux yields lots of people having thus very problem going way back, not unique to the latest update.

one link for example : Camera Raw only shows "Matrix" at the camera profiles tab. | Photoshop Family Customer Community

will, perhaps installing an Adobe app involving camera profiles install what’s missing or corrupt, in the example above DNG converter.

remember that many components to Adobe photo products are getting placed in sort of common folders, like camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my edit capability is giving me an issue, a mid to the above

another link in which the author was looking for a special profile called matrix, apparently not code for opps something is wrong, but a profile for when no camera specific exists. Well anyhow the link

ACR and finding the hidden matrix camera base profile

And, how did the author access matrix? By defeating the proper profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A full week and I still can't get this working as it should be.  This is ridiculously silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have finally found the answer.  The problem was fixed by going in to the Camera Profile folder permissions and changing them all to Read & Write.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines