• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Embedded and Local Fonts Simulataneously

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First part of the problem: Adobe Acrobat 9 with Distiller. They refuse to upgrade (yes, it would solve my problem in under a second).

So they received documents that require embedded fonts to be used in order to see the contents of the document.

They are printing documents from Excel (font in question is Arial) and saving the document using Adobe PDF (yes, I have told it to embed all fonts) and when you open up the saved document, it is not showing the Arial font correctly. I have copied this and opened it in a later version and everything works perfectly. Opening in Edge works without a problem but the user does not want to use either of those means.

I have reset the font settings on the workstation in an attempt to fix this.

I have told it to use local fonts and it fixes it but the user does not want to go through all the hassle of ticking the three boxes to witch it when it does not appear correctly.

Is there a way for it to detect the fonts correctly on this version or will they be forced to update in order to work correctly? Also, would Adobe Acrobat DC work as a replacement for Acrobat 9 and Distiller?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the question in a forum for Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you verified that the fonts are not being embedded (rather than confirming that's what it looks like)? Is there any Distiller message? Distiller has not changed since Acrobat 9. HOWEVER, compatible versions of Acrobat and Excel will leave you with an Acrobat ribbon in Excel which is hugely better than printing to PDF - always a last resort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines