• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Captions "Edge" Bleeding

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I am having an issue with my captions bleeding. Below is the information of what I currently use for font, size, and edge and also an example. It is usually just with the letter "w" where it bleeds on both sides of the black edge. I've tried messing with the fonts, edge, size but it still affects the "w". Do you guys have any solutions for this? Let me know! Thank you!

problem2.JPGproblem1.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Callie! Sorry about the bleeding, that's annoying. I set up a textbox in Premiere Pro CC to attempt to duplicate this problem and I was unable to do so. I have a few questions that will help me find a solution for you!

What version of Premiere are you using?

What system are you using? Mac or PC?

Let me know! We'll figure it out.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. The frame is 1920 X 1080 for the captions (captions take up about 1/5 of the screen). I noticed that if I use "Legacy Title" instead, it works out. Let me know if you have a solution for the captions, I don't really want to reduce the edge because that is the style for the video. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is just odd. The edge is huge for me with that frame size.

Does it look the same on export?

Do you have any scaling set? E.g Windows display settings. (But I think that would just make it worse if it had any effect.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the properties of the captions: are they the same as the timeline?

Yes they are indeed huge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, by properties, are you referring specifically to the effects panel? Or just the pixel size of the sequence vs caption stream, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. the latter.

I think its an issue for that particular font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the issue, reduce the edge.

Issue is only on the w.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What frame size for the sequence and caption stream (you cut that off of the screenshot). Size 100, edge 20 is huge in my test 1920x1080. Comic sans has more of this problem than some others fonts. Experiment with reducing the opacity of the caption block background - all the way to zero sometimes looks better.

What specific dot version of PR? Interesting that your caption text is centered vertically in the caption background. There is a problem where in is at the bottom in some PR versions.

You are in part also experiencing the "spikes" that are a known issue. Vote here:

Edge rendering issue on close captions – Adobe video & audio apps

Edit: Went to dinner before responding, and when I hit send, I see this and 2 more responses in 6 minutes! lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Callie.

Is your font still bleeding? Did it improve if you changed the font?

Let us know!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have encountered the same problem (font 36, needing thick edges due to light background), tried changing the font but I have not found one which does not 'bleed' please let me know if a solution has been found....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vanessawn, I think the current status is still what I describe here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/captions-egde-leak-problem/m-p/10730136?page=1#M236552

What font are you using and what is the pixel size of your sequence?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and i change the font but all fonts look with the same problem ¿did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed as of PR 2020.1.0. Different fonts have different tolerances for edge settings to show the problem.

I linked to this other thread above. It lists the main workarounds.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/captions-egde-leak-problem/m-p/10730136?page=1#M236552

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a horrible premiere mistake, how is that possible? i cant believe it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The underlying issue is "miter limits." It was improved in captions in the 13.0.0 release, and fixed for regular PR text (essential graphics) in 14.0.0. (Current version is 14.1.0.)

Yes, very frustrating.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines