• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge crashes on launch

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Bridge 2019. It worked for about a day. Then it started crashing on launch every time. I went back to Bridge 2018, which also now crashes on launch. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting, clearing preferences, clearing cache. Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Bridge crashing, could you please let us know what operating system you're working?

The issue might be related to permissions, could you try creating a new user account on the computer and try launching Bridge on that account?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit of an update: If I restart my Mac, Bridge usually crashes, but if I restart a few times, sometimes it doesn't crash. So it's not crashing 100% of the time, just about 90%.

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G65)

I also have 2 external monitors in addition to my Macbook. This worked fine for Bridge 2018, but I know it has been an issue in the past.

I can create a user account, which is a long setup on a Mac. Should this be admin or standard? I run Bridge from an admin account.

I'm not sure if this info helps:

Time Awake Since Boot: 57 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        18  Mondo Worker

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this seems to have helped... Bridge CS5 crashes when opening

But when I closed and relaunched it crashed again... When I checked the folder, it was set back to read only...

Users/ [user] /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CS5 /

And back to crashing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing. I tried downgrading today to version 9.0.0.204 --- I'll wait a few months and see if there is a more stable version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently both Bridge 2018 and Bridge 2019 crash on my Mac immediately after launch. No solution I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I've been able to (possibly) isolate some of the problem. I've started a new thread with a more meaningful title: Bridge crashes with large collections

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines