Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Add Watermark is not working in AEM 6.4

Former Community Member

Hi Experts,

We are applying the watermarking as per below Link:

Watermarking

But getting the below error:

com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Process execution resulted in an error

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:204)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:261)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:502)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:293)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:60)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:229)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Failed to execute process

at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:108)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:194)

... 8 more

Caused by: com.day.cq.workflow.WorkflowException: com.day.cq.dam.commons.watermark.WatermarkingException: Unable to create layer from asset image

at com.day.cq.dam.core.process.WaterMarkProcess.execute(WaterMarkProcess.java:162)

at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:93)

... 9 more

Caused by: com.day.cq.dam.commons.watermark.WatermarkingException: Unable to create layer from asset image

at com.day.cq.dam.core.process.WaterMarkProcess.execute(WaterMarkProcess.java:142)

... 10 more

Can you help us and guide us like what may be the cause.

Thanks

Samer

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Workaround is using the Java ImageIO (Java Platform SE 7 )  API.

Write a custom Watermark step and pass the Asset Inputstream to these methods. It will apply a watermark to the workflow payload.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 10

I will test this one my end. I also reached out to the team with this issue.

Level 10

I am seeing the same issue here.

Level 10

I have coded a workaround for this - it works. Notice the watermark below.

water.png

Correct answer by
Level 10

Workaround is using the Java ImageIO (Java Platform SE 7 )  API.

Write a custom Watermark step and pass the Asset Inputstream to these methods. It will apply a watermark to the workflow payload.

Former Community Member

Thanks Scott.

Can you share your sample to me if possible at my email ID sameryadav@gmail.com. So that quickly we can check at our end.

Thanks

Samer

Employee

Hi, I tried workflow steps https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/assets/using/watermarking.html and it worked for me. note few points: - By default opacity is 20 so to check increase this to say 80-90 and increase font size. - Try on small image may be 640*480 to see it on test server. I tried and it works fine for me. Thanks

Former Community Member

Hi Gaurav,

Can you check for .tif and .psd file?

Thanks

Samer

Employee

Hi Sameer, This is mentioned in the doc "AEM Assets supports text to be used as a watermark to watermark the web-renderable image formats, such as GIF, PNG, JPEG, and BMP." Thanks

Level 2

Hi,

I'm working on watermarking Image files. I'm only able to watermark png and jpeg files. watermark didnot apply on .bmp and gif.

Am I missing any configuration?

Level 1

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Have you got any resolution for this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gajanan