• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color settings won't sync/stick in CC 2019 Apps [macosx 10.14]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to the new 2019 Versions of the CC apps today, but I am unable to sync the color settings across apps.  Also, the color setting do not stick within the individual apps. I update the universal color settings in bridge and apply, if I quit and relaunch bridge the color settings indicate they are not synced.

If I open Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign the color settings are indeed not synced.  I can manually update the settings in each app, but as soon as I quit, and relaunch, each app, the color settings have reverted back to their 'defaults'.

I have deleted all CC applications and data, run the CC Cleaner app, reinstalled CC from scratch and the color setting issue still remains.

This behavior isn't happening with the 2018 versions of the apps.  I can set a global color setting in Bridge and it will apply to all apps.

The apps maintain the color setting between quit and relaunch.

Mainly just curious if anyone else has seen this behavior?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

I think I got it working after trashing the color preferences.

Delete this file:

ACEConfigCache2.lst

Located:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color

Same/other threat :

Creative Cloud 2019 - Not respecting color settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downgraded to CC2018 and everything is back to normal... wondering what's wrong with the brand new version of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem, Setting keeps going back to emulation of Indesign 2.0 CMS and Illustrator 6.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem.

Closed all apps other than Bridge. Edit/Colour Settings - Not Synchronized.

Click on Europe General Purpose 3 and then click Apply just closes the window.

Open Edit/Colour Settings - and still Not Synchronized

Open Indesign, Edit, Colour Settings, keeps defaulting to 'Emulate Adobe Indesign 2.0 CMS off'.

I change it manually to 'Europe General Purpose 3' when all other docs are closed. Resets after close and open the app again.

Illustrator the same but changes to Emulate Illustrator 6.0

macos 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a pity! Back to 2018 … And hope Adobe will answer someday 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I roll it back?  I dont have that path or that file to delete so need to try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me jump on too. Same problem.

MacOS Mojave 10.14

MacBook Pro Touch Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here same problem.

Via time-machine old version of bridge 2018 installed with the new 2019 version of CC.

Is working as long as the CC programs are working. After restart no sync anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same Problem here, i think it comes from the Bridge and from import of older Settings...

II've written an AppleScript, just customize the Settings-Name and put it into InDesign's Startup-scripts-Folder:

tell color settings

set enable color management to true

set CMS settings to "ISO_Coated_v2__Adobe_RGB"

set accurate LAB spots to true

end tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's bridge. Went back to InDesign 2018 but same problem: No more Softproof possible. After deinstalling Bridge 2019 it was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I got it working after trashing the color preferences.

Delete this file:

ACEConfigCache2.lst

Located:

Same/other threat :

Creative Cloud 2019 - Not respecting color settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thijs de Leeuw. This worked for me 🙂

Delete this file:

ACEConfigCache2.lst

Located:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thijs de Leeuw.

I am ashamed I was so quick to jump on "this does not work" before checking preferences and doing a little troubleshooting. I am better than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to be. My respons was quite the same after clicking the update button and this stopped working as it should.

Just glad everything is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has seemed to do the trick for me as well.

Thanks to Thijs de Leeuw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete this file helped:

ACEConfigCache2.lst

Located:

Thanks to Thijs de Leeuw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, none of the above work for me, so this is only the answer for some. Not helpful marking problems as answered when not. Noted elsewhere this doesn't work for others.

This looks more like missing profiles, or Adobe apps not knowing where they are. There seems to be a few aliases on a Mac, from one folder to another, which may be part of the issue. Simply by applying/removing/applying (several times) different profiles and combined settings, I seemed now only to have Illustrator not holding settings, though now it seems to warn me that the profiles are missing... so perhaps that is now fixed. Definitely an issue on install for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me too! Thank you a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Deleting the file ACEConfigCache2.lst solved the problem with colors in Illustrator CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful, if you switch from one application to another (example of Photoshop to Illustrator) while you work, this problem remain even if you have deleted the file ACEConfigCache2.lst and you have assigned a new profile via Bridge. I still have this issue and I have to deleted this file as long as I have to go from one application to another (I work on MockUps PSD which are inserted in Illustrator).

So this solution only works partially for me. The ACEConfigCache2.lst file is constantly coming back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thijs, this did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brill thanks I trashed that file - ACEConfigCache2.lst - and Illustrator and Photoshop seem to be working properly again.

Simple when you find someone who knows what they are doing! ha

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have been trying to solve this problem for a while, can someone explain how to delete said file in laymans terms? I honestly don't know how to get to, let alone edit the files other than pasting that location in my Finder search bar. 🙈 Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines