Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding Box Disappears Essential Graphics with Version 2019 - WORKAROUND

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

There is a workaround on the bounding box issue in Version 2019. If you switch over to the GRAPHICS Workspace, the bounding box works perfectly; but if you switch to a different workspace, it does *not* work. This is the workaround for now until Adobe fixes the bug.

Let me know if you guys can reproduce what I just suggested. Scaling has no effect.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Hi Stan,

Yes, the RED bounding box is BACK, but only when I'm set to Graphics workspace, and it disappears under Editing...smh.  But, the BEST part is that I have a bounding box for my text now.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who don't have the problem... hard to test!

I faked it by using the scaling to "create" the problem. And for me, yes, the bounding box does not appear, but it also doesn't appear in the Graphics panel. And nothing I do results in being able to edit a text layer. Very odd.

Posting a link to this thread in the other one with users experiencing what you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

I figured out what is going on - apparently the workspace has nothing to do with it really - if you click on the Program monitor and then adjust the height of the monitor to a certain point, the Bounding Box magically appears and works.  If you then re-adjust the Program monitor to a lower height, it goes away. See my video below - so weird!

https://youtu.be/r7FoL5o-tcE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off being entertained for the day... will play with this tomorrow. Interesting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not replicate moving the window various ways: with my scaling set to 100% (text 150%) as before.

Set to 125%, I can make the bounding box appear and disappear by moving the size of the program monitor window. I could find no other condition that made a difference (resolution 1/4 up to full; resolution "fit" to any specific percentage 100%, 50%, 200%).

So I can still not replicate the problem on my system without changing scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHy can't I post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to say thank you and having terrible problems with the forum.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

Yes, the RED bounding box is BACK, but only when I'm set to Graphics workspace, and it disappears under Editing...smh.  But, the BEST part is that I have a bounding box for my text now.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the red bounding box in all workspaces. If you haven't, pick the editing workspace and Window -> Workspaces -> Reset to saved layout and/or reset preferences.

That is an improvement!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that works! Fantastic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines