• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuji Tether Plug-In

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the right place--but here we go.  I bought the Plug-in via Adobe's store about three months ago, while I was running High Sierra---It worked fine.  I upgraded recently to Mojave and tried to do some tethered work today--unfortunately, to no avail.  In fact, the menu bar icon is greyed out and when I put my cursor over it---I get the spinning beach ball--and have to restart the computer.  Anyone else having issues tethering Fuji with Mojave? Oh, I'm running hte most current version of Lightroom Classic CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recommend you go and post this question at: https://www.fujix-forum.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote " I bought the Plug-in via Adobe's store" ?

Was that the Apple Store?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No here Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on davidg36166309, the Fujifilm Tethered Capture Plug-in is a third-party plugin not maintained by Adobe. Over the years there have been just a very few questions asked about it in this forum, so you probably won't get much help here. You'll need to contact Fujifilm support or post in a Fuji forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine but the fact remains that I bought the plug in through Adobe's exchange in August and now it doesn't work.  One would think that Adobe doesn't sell items on their website that DON'T work.  Fuji to this point blames Adobe---so I'm kind of stuck.  Unfortunately, my professional work has moved me towards tethering a lot more and I can't do it with my Fuji camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually he problem might not be at Adobe at all. The problem is probably at Apple. You may have noticed all the forum members with Mojave having issues. At the Adobe site (my bad, don't have link), Issues with LR and Mojave are stated, now Adobe thinks this is all pre LR 8, but members with LR 8 on Mojave appear to be having massive issues.

I am not going anywhere near installing Mojave on my MACBook, until these problems go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the plug in through Adobe's exchange in August and now it doesn't work.  One would think that Adobe doesn't sell items on their website that DON'T work.  Fuji to this point blames Adobe---so I'm kind of stuck.  

Unfortunately, Adobe does at most minimal testing of plugins sold through the exchange. It may well be that there is an issue with the plugin specific to your LR configuration, and as the seller, it's Fuji's responsibility to either make it work with LR or refund your money.

You might consider alternatives:

- Use the Fuji utility to tether the camera and download photos from the camera to a folder on your computer. Use LR's File > Auto Import to automatically import ("watch") photos from that folder.

- Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad  to see you joined FujiXForum, as you will have noticed in a reply I posted to your inquire their,  I asked if perhaps you got the plugin from Fujifilm, at this link:

Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.13.0 (Windows / Mac) | Fujifilm Glob...

And on a followup response, noted that the link refers to the latest upgrade version to work with Mojave.

above posted for members of this Adobe site to see/comment.

(and just why did I not think of that earlier??)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Different plug in-- That one only allows you to download pictures directly to your catalog in Lightroom and I believe is free.   I downloaded the TetherPro plug in for Lightroom at a cost of $79.  When working it gave you live view, the ability to change camera function and the ability to focus from the computer.  As far as Mojave goes, I've had no problems other then the issues with the aforementioned plug-in.  I guess I can back track and go back to High Sierra---but what a royal pain!  Anyway, the saga continues!  By the way, the new Capture One Fuji version doesn't offer LiveView either-- (nor did the regular version). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines