• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset for Auto Tone

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there's a way to create a preset that will apply Auto Tone to a group of images? I don't want the same settings to be applied to each image, I want each image to be tweaked separately as if I had hit Auto on them one at a time. I'd like to create a preset that does this and then adds Medium Contrast to the images.

I can't figure out how to do it.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link below for a Lightroom tutorial on creating import presets.

How to Create an Import Preset in Lightroom - YouTube

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. What she's doing is going to apply the same Auto Tone settings to each image. What I'm trying to figure out is how to make a preset that adjusts each image on it's own as if I had hit the Auto Tone button for each image. Not sure I'm saying that right, hope it makes sense.

When I'm stuck shooting an event my exposures are all over the map. I have some a stop over, some a stop under. I'm a commercial shooter and I normally have control of my lighting, styling, pretty much everything. But when I do happen get trapped into covering an event there's not enough time to plan everything out. One shot may be in dark corner, two seconds later the next shot is in bright sunlight. I'm pretty fast, but not that fast.

For events it seems I go into Lightroom and end up hitting every image with Auto Tone and Medium Contrast to get them to a starting point.

Anyway, I need to have the preset treat each image individually, not apply the settings of the first image to all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not how I have viewed the video. In the final saving of the preset she selected the Auto setting and did not select the actual basic panel settings. Did you view the video until the end?

It would be worthwhile doing a test with 4 or 5 image files. Works for me.

See a screen capture of the actual Preset dialog she created

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 3.28.26 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DdeGannes  wrote

See a screen capture of the actual Preset dialog she created

Note that the screenshot does not reflect Lr Classic CC. If OP is using a version of Lr from 7.2 and higher, then below is what OP should be seeing.

new-preset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!

HI again,

Thanks for hanging in there with this. I did watch the entire video. It's just not what I'm trying to figure out. I've attached two screen shots to see if they help me explain what I'm trying to do. These two shots were taken within a few minutes of each other. When I hit Auto the settings on them end up different.

From what I can see, the video describes a way to make a preset, but the preset will apply the same settings to every image selected. If the settings from the first image here were applied to the second image, they wouldn't work. For instance; The first image got set to Highlights of -48. The second image got set to Highlights of -59. If I created a preset using the videos method, all of the images would have the same Highlights setting. I hope I'm explaining that right. What I'm trying to do is come up with a preset that will Auto Tone each image separately, not apply the settings from the first image to all of them.

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 1.05.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-10 at 1.07.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If configured as shown below your preset should apply 'Auto + Tone Curve' based on individual image requirements, even when multiple images are selected.

Tone-Curve - 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ian, I'll give this a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked. Thanks, Ian, you rock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a link to where I learned this from, but...

Using the Auto Tone button in the Develop Modules Basic panel, for multiple images (with Auto Sync selected) will apply the Auto Tone of the most selected image to all the selected images.

If, instead, you accomplish Auto Tone from the Library Module, Auto Tone will be applied subjectively to each image selected. Do  this in Library mot Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidg36166309  wrote

Using the Auto Tone button in the Develop Modules Basic panel, for multiple images (with Auto Sync selected) will apply the Auto Tone of the most selected image to all the selected images.

I did exactly as you describe to 4000 raw images about 2 hours back and it most definitely did not apply the settings from the most selected to other images. Each image has it's own combination of settings.

BTW, 'Auto Tone' became 'Auto' when Lr 7.2 Classic shipped in December 2017. Tone was dropped because 'Auto' now affects also Vibrance and Saturation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Library module, not the Develop Module???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, your LR version? Apparently Auto Tone got improved in 7.3 (or was it later)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines