• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing dashboard glare

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, all! Quick question for a relative newbie: I am editing a travelogue from a recent drive from Maine to Vermont in Premiere Pro. I set my HD camcorder on the dash and let it go, and now in editing I am noticing that I got glare from the dashboard in many bits of my sequences (picture attached - the glare is most prominent here on the left, but there is also right-side glare). It's not a HUGE deal because I am still deleting footage and in the end the film will be sped up quite a bit. Still, the more I can kill off (and the more practice I get in!), the better. What is the best way to kill that glare? I've already adjusted my colors with Lumetri and am happy with the results, so I don't want to screw with that any more than I have to. Is there a way to scalpel out the glare and leave the rest unscathed? Thanks!MAH03709 (1).00_10_53_02.Still002.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

the photo I see that you put up looks a tiny bit light to me.. on my junky laptop computer . I wouldn't mind if you made it a little darker. And I think the glare would look fine .. as it sorta makes it more real re: how it's lit, etc.

Otherwise, do a mask and soften edges (guassian blur ?) and do adjustments within that .. ( levels, brightness/contrast, etc. ).

My opinion, it looks good, beef it up with overall tone, leave glare alone.   hehe...not much help I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the photo I see that you put up looks a tiny bit light to me.. on my junky laptop computer . I wouldn't mind if you made it a little darker. And I think the glare would look fine .. as it sorta makes it more real re: how it's lit, etc.

Otherwise, do a mask and soften edges (guassian blur ?) and do adjustments within that .. ( levels, brightness/contrast, etc. ).

My opinion, it looks good, beef it up with overall tone, leave glare alone.   hehe...not much help I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not guassian blur, I mean 'feather'...duh... just so the mask isn't a definite "line" ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rodney, thanks so much! Yeah, kind of what I was thinking as well: I'm going for feel and realism in this piece a lot more than cinematographic perfection, so I don't mind a liiiiitle glare. I will definitely try a little feathering, see how that goes. Greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines