• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Down Scaling 4K video

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4K Video of Musical Programme.  If I downscale to HD size in Pemiere What I will be missing in final output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Hi chande%20a%20k,

I have 4K Video of Musical Programme.  If I downscale to HD size in Pemiere What I will be missing in final output

No content will be missing as long as you scale it down to HD. It will just have a reduced frame size.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use old version of PPro, which doesn't have proxy options. So I never did what you want to do. Others will give you specific details I think, when they see your post.

From what I've read here I think the proxy to HD from 4K will let you edit with the smaller size ( so your machine doesn't lag etc. ) and then when you export it uses the original 4k stuff. The only LOSS depends on how you define that with your choice of codec for the export. Typically a highly compressed export will be good for viewing but not so great for re-editing. But that type of LOSS is sorta esoteric and has to do with purpose of export and desire ( small byte count and good for viewing is usually highly compressed ).

Wait for someone who has used the proxy function to give you details... It's a long holiday weekend in U.S. and lots of people are scurrying around doing MINI VACATION type things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chande%20a%20k,

No content will be missing as long as you scale it down to HD. It will just have a reduced frame size.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am not clear in my question.

I want to know if 4k video is downscaled to HD and exported HD size....quality wise what I will be missing ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export say as 1920x1080, it will have the same pixel quality of any other 1080 file. Period.

Very easy to test yourself. Just select a section and export at the size you'd want to try.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am already doing since last more than one year and I didn't find any visible detoriation in quality but one of my friend warned me and said you will not get good quality output...  To clear doubt and to know what I will be missing I thought this platform suitable....Thank you for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines