• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC always close by itself. Any solution? [Crashes at splash screen]

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

Well I can't use Lightroom Classic CC any longer since it closes all the time by itself.

At the beginning, it used to close after a few minutes of post-processing my photos, but now, it does not even open anymore.

It closes on splash-screen.

On the Adobe website, it's written that this issue has two solutions :

1- To log out from my Adobe account, and then login. I did it of course, and nothing happened.

2- To change the folders SLCache into SLCacheold & SLstore into SLStoreold. What I did too, and nothing happened too.

So I'd like desperately to find a solution to this problem! If you had such an issue with Lightroom Classic CC and your Mac, please let me know!

I'll appreciate your help! Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if resetting your Lr preference file helps. Use Method 1 at How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian Lyons,

Thanks for your reply. I did what you told me to do but it didn't work unfortunately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicolascastermans,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you are using now? Also, please let us know the Mac OS version you are on now?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit Goyal,

Thanks for trying to help. I use the Lightroom Classic CC on the MacOS Mojave version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Mohit Goyal that I did not precise well the version of Lightroom Classic CC I use. I have the latest version, the 7,5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Axel Matt,

Thanks for your message but unfortunately this method did nothing... I still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.  When does Adobe think this will be fixed?  I don't want to waste my time trying all these other approaches that don't see to fix the issue.  Why am I paying for support if this doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"At the beginning, it used to close after a few minutes of post-processing my photos"

Sounds like your LR install was never working correctly.

have you attempted to completely uninstall LR, run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, and reinstall?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Actually, LR has worked very well on my computer during the first two months. About 2 weeks ago, it started to bug and now it crashes completely (does not even open any longer). I wonder if it's not a compatibility issue with the last version of MacOS, the Mojave one.

So I'll try what you tell me to do and I'll come back with the results... Thanks for your help btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I wonder if it's not a compatibility issue with the last version of MacOS, the Mojave one.

Classic works just fine with Mojave so something else is going on on your system. There was a small update to Mojave recently that fixed some slowdown issues in Classic so that is something to check whether you have it installed but I doubt that's the issue.

Does it crash when you create a new catalog and run from that?

Any antivirus or other third party system wide software installed such as traffic sniffers background backup uploads, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jao,

I just tried to create a new catalog and it didn't do anything... Right after creating it, LR closed again.

I don't have any antivirus nor party system...

I've uninstalled the app, uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud, reinstalled everything, run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool... And nothing worked!

I tried everything the people told me in this discussion so I start to loose faith in being able to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are using v 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this via google, probably could have searched thus forem as well

Lightroom CC freezes on splash screen

So, perhaps, create another user account on your MAC (atalking about a logon account on your MAC, not. an Adobe account), see if LR works using a different computer account, possible corrupt user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this found via google, part two, as you have already attempted part one, seems complex, do not know about the source

https://eguru.info/fix-issue-with-lightroom-and-photoshop-cc-crashing-on-launch/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for the link you sent me. I tried the solution 2, however, when I do the 5th step "Click on the + icon in the bottom left corner to add the Administrator and the currently logged in user account. Select Administrators and then click on Select. Repeat for your user account too", a message tells me that I do not have the necessary permission. So I can't go further than the step n°5... Any idea why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to goa and visit an Apple store, and have the experts help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I didn't even think of that but a permissions issue is a good hypothesis!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A permission issue? A permission from Adobe you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very often, when I reopen LR after it crashes, It says "An error occurred when attempting to change modules"

Does this message sound familiar to you? Do you have an idea about which problem it could be?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A file system permissions issue. Lightroom needs read and write access to

certain files and directories on your computer. If it doesn’t have that for

whatever reason it can crash during startup. The link posted above gives

instructions on to enable this access. Installing Lightroom should set

these permissions up correctly but that might not have happened on your

computer.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 4:47 AM nicolascastermans <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines