• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NO RAW support with windows 8

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm essentially screwed. Looks like ADOBE decided to stop supporting windows 8 which means I can't get the updated Lightroom that has RAW support for my new cameras!!!

I have an EOS R and Nikon Z7 with absolutely no way of opening up these images on either of my Windows 10 computers. This is outrageous and should be fixed. Ideally, you need to get this software working on windows 8 but at minimum you should be offering RAW support and stability updates for windows 8 users and possibly even work out a deal with MS for a move to Win10 for Lightroom subscription owners since your programmers couldn't figure out how to get Lightroom to work on Windows 8. What's interesting is that win7 still has support. So I either need to update both computers to windows 10 at $300 plus possible incompatibility issues with other software, I buy new computers, or I leave Adobe after 10+ years

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your Windows 10 computers, I take it you have not updated to LR CC CLASSIC 8? ACR 11?, and if used the latest Adobe DNG converter?

As for your Windows 8?  Support is not going to happen, ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really annoying if you are on 8.1 indeed. You can get your raw files supported in the version of Lightroom you have by using dng converter from here: Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines