• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos disappearing from Book

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings - In the process of trying to add to a book I started.

Issue: Each time I make changes to the book, by adding photos, adding a page, or changing a page style, the changes are shown. However, as soon as I switch to a different module, and come back to the book, I see the new photos for a second and then they all disappear leaving me the 9 pages or so that I had previously completed.

Potential clues?! The book I am creating is going to pull from a number of different folders. When I started the collection it just had one folder but I started pulling in photos from another folder as well. When I started it was also an unsaved book and after I ran into this issue, I saved it.  Not sure what else I can say.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

As I noted on another thread, been using LR 8.1 and it appears so far that the issues I was running into have been resolved. Was even able to open a "corrupt LR catalog" that previously was stuck in the book module and it is now functioning. Have not yet seen any responses or comments from Adobe on this or any other threads acknowledging the issue / update.

The one other issue that would be great to see resolved is that the Book Module only works with Blurb - I know you can print to PDF but  my i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Given that I was not able to find a solution, I went back to a backup I had of my Lightroom Catalog and started again. (Going back to the backup gave me star ratings and extensive edits but not the book I was working on.)

Created a new Book, added photos to that new "collection" and began making the book. Proceeded through a few sessions and then during one session, each time I tried adding a photo to the book or making other edits, I would find that if I subsequently changed modules, the photos or edits were gone. Same issue as I had last time.

I do have a backup that was created a day or two ago, so I will only lose one or two sessions but don't know why this is happening and how to prevent it. Somehow, once the book gets this glitch, it can no longer "remember" any edits that are made to it so it will show the edits as you are making them but as soon as the module is switched, it will forget them and revert to the state it was in prior to these most recent edits.

I did try contacting Adobe, but they were unable to advise or assist.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Lightroom Book Module Problems in CC Classic Version 8​ for some discussion of what seems to be an issue a number of individuals are having with the book module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I noted on another thread, been using LR 8.1 and it appears so far that the issues I was running into have been resolved. Was even able to open a "corrupt LR catalog" that previously was stuck in the book module and it is now functioning. Have not yet seen any responses or comments from Adobe on this or any other threads acknowledging the issue / update.

The one other issue that would be great to see resolved is that the Book Module only works with Blurb - I know you can print to PDF but  my impression is that would not be a high quality solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Book Module in Clasic-v8.0 definitely had problems, but v8.1 seems to have fixed the bugs.

Questions-

Do you click the tab to [Create a Saved Book] ?

Do you ALWAYS return to the "Saved Book" by a Double-click on the Saved Book Collection? (NEVER from the top menu!)

Book Module only works with Blurb

Yes, for direct uploads.

For a PDF, you can set some quality options so I am not sure where you have the idea "would not be a high quality solution.".  600ppi if you wish!

ScreenShot103.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response. When navigating I usually use the top ribbon to switch between modules.

That is helpful - are there specific publishers that you've had good experiences with using the PDF?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use the top ribbon to switch between modules.

So Lightroom 'thinks' you are starting a 'new' book!

ALWAYS return to the "Saved Book" by a Double-click on the Saved Book Collection. The Book Collection in the Collections panel is where all your book editing is saved as you change pages and photos.

are there specific publishers...?

Sorry, I cannot be of help here. My book printing (now 12 books) has always been done by direct upload to Blurb. I have always been entirely satisfied with Blurb quality, even two books all monochrome.

ScreenShot104.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful - thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i use the 8.2 version and i have exactly the same problem. I try the various methods of your thread, but i am stuck to 90 pages, i can add but never able to save the work. Adobe support has no answer. I reinstall everything with them. Try also to export the catalog and load it on another laptop, same issue. Any additionnal thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am stuck to 90 pages, i can add but never able to save the work.

From your brief description-

You CAN add more than 90 pages. How do you do this?

a) By a Right-click on the current last page

b) By a Right-click on any page

c) By the [Add Page] button in the 'Page' panel.

Can you screen-clip a small area of screen showing pages >90?

There is no 'Save' command for books. When you first click the tab to [Create Saved Book] a Book Collection is created that  automatically 'saves' your work (and the tab no longer shows).

Can you screen-clip a small area of screen showing your 'Saved Book Collection'?

And are you saying that when you re-open the book by Double-clicking the "Saved Book" that you never see more than 90 pages?

What are your settings in the "Book Settings" panel?

In Library Grid view of your Saved Book Collection- Do any photos show the 'Missing' ! mark?

And are you sure you are working in Classic v8.2 -Check your Help/System Info...  from the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines