Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restarting media browser?

Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I set my media browser to run overnight but unfortunately, my computer went to sleep and the media browser didn't create proxies for all my clips.

Is there a way of getting the media browser to restart and continue where it left off?

I still have the browser open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

If you mean Media Encoder, there's an option in the top line of the right-side queue listing to resume processing. It's an arrow, I believe, like a "play" button type arrow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean Media Encoder, there's an option in the top line of the right-side queue listing to resume processing. It's an arrow, I believe, like a "play" button type arrow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Yes, correction: media encoder! The ones that weren't encoded show either stop or fail and I can see the play button you mentioned but it's not active. 

The fails give me the following messages: An error was encountered while writing the output file. The output destination could not be found. Check that the output directory still exists. If the output directory is on a network or external device, check that the connection is active.

This would been because when the PC went to sleep, it would be seen as a disconnection from the  external hard drive the clips and proxie files are stored on.

Is there a way I can get the encoder to restart these stopped and failed clips now I have the connection "awake"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm a goose! I'm looking at old injest files that failed and stopped! I obviously need to clear these notifications before creating new proxie files!

Thanks again for your help! Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I often forget when I queue to Me that I really should go clear the list of files that have been processed before adding new. It gets so confusing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines