• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I do not have the option to change the font size in Animate CC 2019, someone knows the solution?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sin título.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Hi.

Please report this bug here: Adobe Animate CC Feature Request/Bug Report Form .

Also, I would like to leave a script to change the font size as a workaround in the meantime. Just download the file and save it to a folder of your choice, but preferably to the default commands folder. In this way you can assign a shortcut to the command.

Please notice that for static texts you'll have to actually select the text within the text field for the script to work correctly and not only select the text f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This is an issue that happens because of the width of the panel.

Try resizing the panel by hovering the mouse cursor over the left edge of the panel and dragging it to the left.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the exact same issue and resizing the panel doesn't work on my side, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Sorry about that.

Do you mind posting a screenshot, video or GIF showing the issue?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-11-12 16_02_11-01.fla_.png
Sorry, probably should have posted with my first message.

I tried changing font, dragging the left edge of the panel to expand it and also manual transformation just in case. The issue is the same wether the text is static or dynamic, or if you modify letter spacing, or anti-alias (well, I was just checking everything just in case the font size would appear, who knows).

This is odd.

Are Animate CC 2019 files compatible with the previous version of animate? I could reinstall the previous version the time it gets to solve the bug if anything. That'd enable me to not have to switch with my old animations file to check the font size visually...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Please report this bug here: Adobe Animate CC Feature Request/Bug Report Form .

Also, I would like to leave a script to change the font size as a workaround in the meantime. Just download the file and save it to a folder of your choice, but preferably to the default commands folder. In this way you can assign a shortcut to the command.

Please notice that for static texts you'll have to actually select the text within the text field for the script to work correctly and not only select the text field itself.

Set Font Size JSFL script download:

animate_cc_jsfl_set_font_size.zip - Google Drive

JSFL code (for reference only):

function main()

{

var doc = fl.getDocumentDOM();

var selection;

var element;

var size;

if (!doc)

{

alert("Please open a document first.");

return;

}

selection = doc.selection;

if (selection.length == 0)

{

alert("Please select at least one text field first.");

return;

}

size = prompt("Type the font size:", "12");

if (!size)

return;

for (var i = 0; i < selection.length; i++)

{

element = selection;

if (element.elementType != "text" && element.elementType != "tlfText")

continue;

if (element.textType == "static")

{

for (var j = element.selectionStart; j < element.selectionEnd; j++)

element.setTextAttr("size", parseInt(size), j);

}

else

element.setTextAttr("size", parseInt(size), element.selectionStart);

}

}

main();

About the retrocompatibility, I'm not sure because I don't have a previous ANCC version right now to run a test.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks, this worked!

I was unfamiliar to commands in Adobe Animate though, I didn't know where to install this.
I'm linking the path for other users to find where to put the file on their disk, then it will show in the Menu "Commands" with a link "Set Font Size" and a pop-up to type in the desired font size.

This enables me to work with the font sizes set I had defined, thanks again!
Also, reporting the bug on the go.

P.S. : I can't put this thread as solved, I'm not the original poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

And thanks for leaving a link to help future users to find out the default commands folder.

About the correct answer, I'll wait for the OP to comment here if the answers are helpful to him too.

Have a nice week!

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Odd update of the day : the script worked exactly as intended when I installed it, and the font size on the "properties" panel still wasn't working. So far, no surprise, I has to use the "command" panel.

This morning, my "font size" in the properties panel came back. I asked a colleague to launch his own version of Animate (which is the exact same build as mine, that is 326) to check. He didn't have the font size in the properties panel. I may add that he didn't install the script.

For some odd reason it seems that the script.... somehow repaired Animate? I guess it needed a PC reboot which I hadn't done when I installed the script. I only launched Animate AFTER installing the script in the command folder, and nothing more.

In case that helps anyone with the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines