• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

presets NOT applying to other photos in the Develop module when AutoSync is used and the "Most Selected" photo has the preset already applied.

LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 8.0 MacOS 10.13.6

There is an issue with presets NOT applying to other photos in the Develop module when AutoSync is used and the "Most Selected" photo has the preset already applied.  I think it is related to another issue with the presets not always being executed.  See here Lightroom Classic: Preset works all the time with raw files but only some of the time with a JPG fil...

Create a preset that sets the Exposure to -1.50. and call it Minus Exp

Select 3 photos and reset all the adjustments.  (Notice the cat sitting up is the MOST SELECTED image.

Turn AUTOSYNC on

Apply Preset Minus Exp.  Al 3 photos will change which is the correct behavior.

Reset all the images again

Select only the sitting up cat and apply the preset Minus Exp

Select all the images again with AUTOSYNC still turned on with the sitting up cat as the MOST SELECTED image and apply preset Minus Exp

As you can see the preset DOES NOT EXECUTE.   This can be confirmed by looking at the History of the MOST SELECTED photo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

davidg36166309  wrote

Autosync is for when you have several images selected, one most selected, you edit that one, what you do gets applied to the others.

If you reread my post you will see that what I am trying to do. I DO NOT want to sync ALL the settings, just the preset   I have discovered that this happens if the last history step in the most selected photo is the preset I am trying to apply for this to happen.  If it is not the last history step than it works.

This problem has been resolved b

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autosync is for when you have several images selected, one most selected, you edit that one, what you do gets applied to the others.

If you want to apply changes made in one image to others, that were not also selected, or if autosync was off, then you need to selct them, with the approriate one most slected, and select sync, (change auto to sync) a dialog should come up for you to select what to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davidg36166309  wrote

If you reread my post you will see that what I am trying to do. I DO NOT want to sync ALL the settings, just the preset   I have discovered that this happens if the last history step in the most selected photo is the preset I am trying to apply for this to happen.  If it is not the last history step than it works.

This problem has been resolved by RikkFlohr​ in the Photoshop Family Forum in the above linked thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines