Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro "Bugs"

Guide ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I have been seeing tons of issues surrounding Premiere Pro on this forum and after some intensive testing have come up with the following:

First my hardware spec of 1 of my workstations:

Mac Pro Mid 2012 12 core 3.06 Ghz

64gig RAM

Nvidia GTX 780Ti

Nvidia GT 120 (bootup)

2 x Samsung EVO 850 SSD's (One OS, one Scratch Drive)

4 x 4 TB internal WD Red Drives (storage)

Nvidia Web Driver: 378.05.05.25f10

CUDA Driver Version: 387.178

Premiere Pro CC2018 and CC2019

I have had absolutely zero issues whatsoever running CC2018 or CC2019.

Most who have had issues were on Mojave or High Sierra.

I cannot speak for the Windows camp but most of the issues I see came from running Windows 10.

Guys just a piece of advice. When a new piece of software launches everyone gets excited but in the rush to try new tech like METAL etc which needs newer OS installs most rush in and get burnt. From years of experience I say "Stay on an older stable OS until all bugs are ironed out".

The performance gains are not as huge as one might think compared to the amount of issues you guys are experiencing.

Adobe knows what they are doing but have to also contend wth code from Nvidia, Windows, Apple etc etc so its is very difficult for them to guarantee a fuss free experience. Hang in there and all issues should soon be resolved.

Thanks

Mo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, True but is there a way to go back to the older version.  I am have nothing but issues with the newest addition with PPCC2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the new CC2019 with Adobe Cleaner Tool and get the old version downlink and install from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know how it goes. The Ti series from the 780Ti until the 970Ti were pretty stable. These are all Nvidia reference cards I am talking about and not 3rd party vendors like MSI etc. The 1080Ti is still having a few issues but should be sorted soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CUDA doesn't even work anymore with Mojave. I love the ol' 5,1/NVIDIA combo myself, but sooner or later, you're going to have a brick that won't run Premiere Pro. Time to save up for that 2019 Mac Pro that's sure to hit the market next year! 😉

P.S. Cupertino is my home town.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Kevin. Isn't CUDA tech now found within METAL?

"but sooner or later, you're going to have a brick that won't run Premiere Pro"

Agreed. This is why I am hoping Apple releases a decent upgradable Mac Pro soon.

I need more speed. Last project I was on was for IMAX output and even 12 cores and 128gig RAM with SSD's weren't enough.

The bottleneck is the SATA 3Mbps speeds. If u want the full 6 you need to buy a ridiculously expensive PCie SSD.

Apple c'mon make tis happen. Stop thinking like Tim Cook and get back to Steve Jobs mindset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I love the ol' 5,1/NVIDIA combo myself"

Most people ask me why I'm not running a 1070 or Titan

I love the 780Ti. It has less VRAM than the monster cards but has far more CUDA cores.

I think it was Nvidia's masterpiece in terms of a computational gpu rivaled only by the Quadro cards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

R Neil Haugen​ Rick Gerard​

Thought you would find the interesting

Taken off one of 12 core Macs

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 11.47.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 11.48.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 11.48.41 PM.png

And this...I say entire dock and the apps I use  (u might need to zoom in lol)

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 11.48.49 PM.png

And not a single bug..touch wood

I have stuck on Sierra and watching to see when the right time for Mojave will be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines