Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create collection with rightclick

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i am using LR Classic 8.0 on a mac. I have the problem that i cannot create a collection. I do a rightclick on the album in my catalog. After confirming with "create" nothing more happens. Usually a message appears, that the collections was created. Since serveral weeks that doesn´t work anymore .

Any hints?

regards,

Dirk

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-13 um 07.02.15.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-11-13 um 07.01.28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset the preferences and post back if it helps:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to create a collection with the + icon in the Collections panel? Does the problem only occur when you right-click on the folder? Have you reset your preferences as suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I reset my preferences but nothing changed. I´m able to create a collection wir the + icon, that works.

I also tried to de-/reinstall LR to solve it.

Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to English and check if the problem persists. Maybe it is a localisation bug. I tried it in English and Dutch, and everything works as expected.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx for your advice. but that also doesn´t work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i solved the problem myself. I deinstalled LR manually and deleted all remaining folders and files on my mac.
After that i installed LR with basic settings and imported my pictures. That lasts a long time because of thousands of pictures. Now everything works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines