• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy Title Issue (Premiere Pro CC 2019)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I much rather prefer to use the legacy titles in Premiere, but I'm having issues. Every time I open a legacy title to edit it, it doesn't display the "tools" "styles" "actions" and "properties" tabs. I have to individually view them each time I open a title. Then when I go to open it back up later, the windows disappear. Anyone know a way that can prevent this from happening?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

legacy titler.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll find them all in the all panels work space. There is a title window in the monitors, and on the right side you'll see the various Legacy title tools and styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with the legacy title panel not sticking is a known issue and we hope for a fix. I was successful in creating a custom workspace starting from the all panels, but other users find this is also not sticking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Where is the all panels work space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

legacy titler.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This a helpful workaround for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do they keep messing with the legacy tools? It was perfect, and now its totally screwed up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is being maintained and eventually it will be dropped from the program in favor of the Ess. Graphics feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Strangely, if I open the "Start First Tutorial" project and create a new legacy title, everything works as expected. But the minute I switch from the "Learning" workspace to my saved workspace, it breaks again. Once broken, switching back to the Learning workspace does not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the beginning or after a preferences reset, opening a legacy title results in the traditional panel opening. Thereafter it does not. The easiest work around is just to go to the all panels work space, and use the tools in the location indicated by Ann above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Stan Jones, You should use Graphic Workspace in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019. Go to Windows>workspaces>graphics

After that Graphic workspace will open and here under the Toolbar options you can add text directly into program monitor.

Right side you can see the essential graphics panel .. Under the essential graphics panel, u 'll find two tabs browse and edit.  you will create text, titles, motion graphics templates under essential graphics panel very easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an option, it just doesn't fix the legacy titles issue. We'll all probably have to end up switching anyways, but the legacy title functionality still seems better in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. The Legacy Title has more features. For example: sometimes I'll 'fill' my text with a texture. With legacy there was an option to do just that. Click the button and a dialog would open, allowing me to choose my 'fill'. Now I have to engineer a work around using Track Matte, which can be a long tedius pain in the a**.

I wish they'd stop fixing what ain't broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mask with text will do that for you.

Drop the texture image over the text in the EGP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish they'd stop fixing what ain't broke.

The old Titler is some of the oldest code of Premiere. The only thing they could do to bring it forward was completely replace the code. At which point they worked with some major users as to what would a new graphics function be. Look just like the 2002 era version, or ... what? From that discussion came the EGP.

Ann's suggestion works ... drag your texture image to the EGP layer stack, put it just below the text you want to modify, then select the text line in the layer stack and down below click 'Mask with text'. As below ... for this image, I just grabbed a color ramp text tiff.

EGP text texture color ramp.PNG

 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, every time I open an existing legacy title, I have to re-open the Properties, Style and Actions. I can fix it, close it, and re-open it and HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.

FFS, Adobe. Every time I update Premiere, y'all break something. Lesson learned -- stop updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two work-arounds I found helpful.

1.  After creating a new Legacy title, going to All Panels, assembling Legacy title as described in this forum; hit Alt-Shift 0 (zero) after opening a title each time.  It should revert to your saved title layout.  However, this posses some problems but is a decent work-around. 

2.  Uninstall newest version of Premiere and reinstall an older version.  After being sufficiently annoyed at the slower workflow of option one above, I reverted to this option.  My work calls for the use of legacy titles over and over again, so this was the best way for me to go about keeping my usual workflow. Time is money, after all. 

I hope Adobe fixes this bug soon so I can update to the newest Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I’ll try it out.

Peace.

[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are in April 2019 using the very latest version 13.1.1 and this problem (and many others) is worse than ever.

I've been a supporter of Adobe for so long but I've had it. As soon as I can deal with Resolve I'm out of here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines