Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro Crashing

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using Acrobat Pro in our production environment for a long time, and users are normally able to have more than one PDF open, either in multiple windows or tabs, and have no issues. After the most recent update, some of them can barely have one open. The application crashes without warning the second you open the thumbnails on any document. And if you try to open a second, regardless of the thumbnails, the application instantly crashes both windows/tabs.

Troubleshooting steps I have taken:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the application
Attempted Repair of installation

Disabled the "Tabs" (as seen on a previous resolution)

I cannot find the ability to Rollback an update, so I have not tried that. In addition, there is simply an installer that regardless of when you got it, it just installs the latest version

I have tried reaching out to your support channel (which is AdobeFailure.PNGBROKEN still) and I have tried calling, 5 times... Every time I call, I explain the issue and get redirected, then I explain it again, and get redirected, and it repeats. Often times between the same two departments! I don't know how else to contact adobe, but this is the only place I can find to post something. Adobe, our company spends too much money on this software to NOT get proper support, and to not have it work correctly.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Hi nathanm,

We are sorry for the trouble caused.

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat Pro DC is crashing when viewing the thumbnails of any pdf or when trying to view a second pdf, is that correct?

Could you check if Acrobat is updated to the latest patch available using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

Also, could you try replicating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nathanm,

We are sorry for the trouble caused.

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat Pro DC is crashing when viewing the thumbnails of any pdf or when trying to view a second pdf, is that correct?

Could you check if Acrobat is updated to the latest patch available using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

Also, could you try replicating the issue in a new user account by clicking on the Start button > control panel > add or remove user accounts > create a new account. Login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check if the same behavior continues?

Could you confirm Acrobat's version currently installed on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is there any error message when Acrobat crashes?

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I have the same problem with Acrobat DC as described above. I use some of the tools for checking print files but suddenly the program quit as soon as I started working with the print productions tools. I'm using MacOS 10.14.1 and my Acrobat Pro DC is the continous release version. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it but the problem remains. No error message except for the very long crash report.
However, when creating and logging in to a new user account on my Mac as described above and then using Acrobat it works just fine. Can I fix this without having to shift user?

Best,
Jocke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jocke,

Please try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document to resolve issue with a specific user account:

Troubleshoot unexpected behavior in specific user account

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears that after a recent update, the issues that are occurring have ceased. The instances that they were occurring in was regardless of user account, and were not resolved by previous updates or repairing the installation. The previous version I did not get the chance to record, as it has been busy. The most recent version, 19.008.20081 has not yet had the issues.

To specify, the issues that were happening were the crashing of the application upon the viewing of the thumbnails in the left column (no error code). The instant crash of the application when attempting to open a second PDF (no error code), this still occurred after you turned off the tabbed instances.

The issues seem to have been resolved for the most part after the latest update.

Thank you,

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines