• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incomplete Import of Image Files

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m a professional sports photographer.  The majority of my peers import images using PhotoMechanic and edit using Photoshop.  I’m in the minority and advocate Lightroom for both functions, but need your help. 

I’ve recently moved to Lightroom Classic CC (v8.0) and have problems importing image files.  For example, I may have 1000 images on a card. Lightroom recognizes and imports only 950 images when using a card reader.  I’ve replaced the card reader and cables and Lightroom’s bad behavior persists. 

I can manually move the 1000 images to a temporary file and then import all the images from the temporary file. The manually movement of files is a work-around and takes time, which is a limited resource in sports photography. I need all the images to be imported reliably by Lightroom.  Please advise on how to resolve the problem. 

I’m running on MacOS 10.14. The cards are reformatted before each use.  I’m shooting with two Canon 1DXs. 

All the best! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrrgggg, you are running Mojave, based on all the issue people are having as seen in this forum I am avoiding upgrading to Mojave like it's the plague.

When did you upgrade from Sierra to Mojave? Did you run LR prior to V 8 on the Mojave OS? If so, would have had even worse problems. If you updated to Mojave AND updated to LR 8 at the same time, might be the OS.

Moving on, I will stop venting,

When you bring up the Import screen, does LR see all the images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for trying to help. If there are 1000 images on the card, the

import screen will only show 950.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 3:54 PM davidg36166309 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And all those images were on one folder on the card? (I would not expect another folder till 999 were saved to the card)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all the images are in one folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all the images are in one folder.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 4:25 PM davidg36166309 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am stumped.

A hunch, well not for solving the issue, but for seeing if additional symptoms will show up.

If after you import the images Lightroom does see, if then you go back and import again, probably with the option to don't import suspected duplicates, do the missing ones show up.

Oh, frig, I know pro and all, but sometimes a bad day, that option was off correct? Not LR making an error about duplicates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that too... toggled between the setting for importing suspected

duplicate images. It did not change the behavior.

This is a real serious issue... can you refer it to your colleagues. I'd

prefer not to resort to PhotoMechanic for the imports.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 4:40 PM davidg36166309 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remember that this Forum is used by us customers, and not heavily monitored by Adobe Tech. No techs from Adobe are answering these issues at this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, are you a member of a Canon specific user forum? No, I do not have a link,

Such a forum would have lots of Canon users that may have come up against this issue. Not that it is necessarily a Canon caused problem as opposed to Adobe.

Had a unrelated issue here at this forum with a Fujifilm user, sent the user to a site I do know about, and boom, those members were on it.

Problem with Lightroom? probably, Problem with Canon (well your non LR worked), Problem with brand of memory card (ditto), But other holders of a Canon iDx may have run into this as well.

(incidentally just a week ago, imported 1000+ X-T3 images in, no issue with import, Adobe conversion of X-T3 RAF (full absolute crap)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate you help! All the best...Andy

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 4:57 PM davidg36166309 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug reports are best done at https://feedback.photoshop.com There are a lot of real Adobe engineers hanging out there. Here it is just other users and a few customer service reps. I have not seen the behavior you describe but shoot Nikon exclusively

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines