• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom has been "updating" for 3 days only on 2%

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

someone please help me! my lightroom has bee "updating" for 3 days and is only on 2% completed. i am worried i have lost over 2k photographs! i am a new photographer and i made the rookie mistake of not backing my potos up. i know they are in lightroom but i cannot find them anywhere on my hard drive.

i dont know what to do or how to update my lightroom faster so i can get back to my photos? SOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hayleys29167845  wrote

someone please help me! my lightroom has bee "updating" for 3 days and is only on 2% completed. i am worried i have lost over 2k photographs! i am a new photographer and i made the rookie mistake of not backing my potos up. i know they are in lightroom but i cannot find them anywhere on my hard drive.

i dont know what to do or how to update my lightroom faster so i can get back to my photos? SOS

Photos are not 'in' Lightroom. The Lightroom catalog is a database; like an address book. It contains links to the images, and it contains the non-destructive edits, but your images are elsewhere on your hard disk.

Can you post a screenshot of the updating procedure that stalls?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the user to user, Lightroom forum. First off I just wish to clarify that your original photographs are not inside Lightroom, if you copied the photos from a card reader or directly from your camera they should be in a folder    on your hard drive in a location of your choice or in the default location in your user account pictues folder.

if this is not the issue please provide additional info, including details of your operating system and the user version number of Lightroom you have installed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And what is the Version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Copy & Paste the top 10 lines from MENU > HELP > SYSTEM INFO...

Is it possible you are using Lightroom-CC (Cloud based) and syncing all your files to the "Cloud"?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines