Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Import AE Projects Into Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I try to import my after effects project into Premiere it freezes at the import screen.  I had the same rolling title work for other projects before the latest update.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please specify more ?

are you using dynamic link or importing exported stuff from after effects ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

Not sure really what it would qualify as.  I've just been dragging the completed after effects file into the Premiere project.  It used to work just fine and once I would drop the file into Premiere it would give me two options.  I believe 1 option was to import the composition (which I typically would do) and I forget the 2nd option.  Since the new update, this no longer works for me and Premier will freeze every time, regardless of the project, when I drop the file in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on Mac? If so you may want to try changing the renderer on your project. I've been having similar problems with the "Metal" renderer on the Mac side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I'm on windows for my work computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just asking a clarifying question, but did you update After Effects at the same time you updated Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did.  It had me convert the AE file to the latest version once I reopened it after updating.  The Premiere file I am using I created post update as well, so I'm imagining that shouldn't be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, You seem pretty smart and savvy so I imagine that you saved the converted AE file with a unique name and then tried importing the new AE file into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, haven't tried saving it with a new name.  I didn't realize that could make a difference.  Technically, I guess I did because once I updated after effects, and opened the file, it had me save it as the original name plus (converted).  I'll give that I try when I get back into work tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to update your GPU driver from the vendor's site, do not run a normal windows update

Also try to switch to 'Software Only' as renderer and check if this makes any difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give this a try as well when I get back to work tomorrow and let you know if that worked.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no problem, waiting for your feedback...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines