Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming presets within Lightroom doesn't rename in original folder

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR CC on a PC (W10).

I have a number of imported presets, which I have renamed and structured into folders within Lightroom. However, when I go to the Lightroom Preset Folder (Preferences - Presets Tab - Show Lightroom Develop Presets) the folders are displayed as their original format (original names and folders).

Is there a way to change it so that the naming convention within Lightroom is reflected in the windows folder? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Is there a way

Easily- No!

The Preset panel no longer 'mirrors' the folder structure in Win-10

https://lightroomkillertips.com/managing-develop-presets-7-3-update-classic/

But a free plug-in to re-arrange presets might be useful to you. Fix Presets Lightroom Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way

Easily- No!

The Preset panel no longer 'mirrors' the folder structure in Win-10

https://lightroomkillertips.com/managing-develop-presets-7-3-update-classic/

But a free plug-in to re-arrange presets might be useful to you. Fix Presets Lightroom Plugin

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I might try making a copy of the presets folder; rename and restructure from within there and then try importing them as new presets.

What could possibly go wrong? 😉

I will store the presets in the catalogue, and backup before I make any changes, just to be on the safe side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you could re-import presets, BUT the Group they occupy in the Preset panel is dependent on an internal name within the Preset file text, and NOT any folder structure in Win-10.

So good luck, but I do not think you will achieve what you desire!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines