• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions Help frustration

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to know how to control the number of columns that are displayed when viewing a book with Digital Editions.

Within Digital Editions, I did this:

- Click Help

- Click Adobe Editions Help

- Choose a product.  I have to scroll down to find Digital Editions, even though that's the product that I originally clicked "help" for, so I would've thought it ought to already know that.

- In "Tell us what you need help with..."  -- I choose How-to's

- In "Is your issue related to..."  I once again choose How-to's

- I get a page saying "Try these first...   Adobe Digital Editions Learn & Support.  I start to type in the Search Field, and the page then decides to scroll down for me.. arrg... "what the ?" , so I scroll back up type my search "number columns"

I get results for "InDesign", InCopy, Photoshop! Seriously?! After repeatedly saying I I want help with "Digital Editions" 3 times already you just ignore it and give unrelated results for different products?!  There is not a single result for  Digital Editions.

I go back to previous page.  Once again as I'm trying to read the page it decides to scrolls down again for no good reason -- dumbest thing ever!

I try "Get Started"  (My fingers are getting tired from the clicking already.)

I again enter "number of columns" and once again it gives me the same worthless results for other products!  Useless...

I answer the "Was this helpful" question with "No".  It brings up a comment screen, so I try to type in the above information.  But no... it only accepts 250 characters...  why?  I suspect because nobody really much cares.

So I try "Contact Us" instead... It takes me back to the original "Tell us what you need help with..." !

I don't even care about my original question anymore... it wasn't a big deal.  Now I'm just very annoyed that the "help" doesn't even try to help.

So... I guess I'd just like to point out that I didn't find the "help" very helpful and I think it could be improved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple question.  Can you change the default storage location for books in Digital Editions 4.5.8?  If no is the answer why is it impossible to get that confirmed or to actually find an answer.

Stan Hutchings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EXACTLY MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines