• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash on Launch (WIN)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Updated to v 13.0 two days ago. Premiere crashes in less than a minute.

Windows 10 Pro

Acer Aspire V Nitro

Intel i7-7700 HQ (2.80 GHz)

16 MB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060

Nvidia Driver Desktop 416.34

As you see: updated driver/s. Cleaned Media Cache & Data.

Funny (unfortunately): while installing v 13.0, v 12.1.2 was automatically uninstalled. It had been absolutely stable and fast. I re-installed it via Creative Cloud. But now, it crashes, too.

Yet, there is evidence it somehow has to to with Premiere interacting with the graphics adapter:

v 13.0 (Adobe 2019) will show the "red bar", which indicates the need to render when applying an effect. Never had that with Premiere 2018.

Hope Adobe gets that on fixed soon. Otherwise I will have to do nasty visit in the Hamburg office (we are neighbours).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your compassion, Carlos!

Minimum requirements are met in my case (that would be too much of a joke - I switched to this rig 9 months ago because Premiere, of all apps, did require it).

I would love to be able to help solving this riddle. But I decided to restore my Windows to a restore point 10 days ago. Now my old Premiere 2018, v 12.1.2 is running smoothly.

I will wait until Adobe "gets this piece of junk usable". (Can I have a licence for using that line of yours?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please try the driver linked in my previous post ?

even in the blog post(important info on GPU...) and on Adobe system requirements page, both link to these drivers from Nvidia :

NVIDIA DRIVERS Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook Driver Release 410 WHQL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos,

the Quadro driver is not correct for my GPU. Geforce GTX needs desktop drivers. Sorry I can't test your recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmarby  wrote

Carlos,

the Quadro driver is not correct for my GPU. Geforce GTX needs desktop drivers. Sorry I can't test your recommendation.

Try this one Download Drivers | NVIDIA

If that does not help roll back a driver dont go past 411.63: Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: GPU drivers

As a general note, there have been significant changes to CUDA (requiring 9.2 versions)  and also many changes related to Nvidia graphics drivers.   For GTX users with issues, it's worth trying a couple different versions of recent drivers. 

Some have reported better results not using the most current.

Anyone experiencing crashes, please copy and paste the crash report and feel free to send it to me via PM.

On Windows, when the crash reporter pops up there is a text link you can click to view the crash report in detail.  You can then copy and paste the details.

There are multiple issues being reported in this thread. We'll need to collect more details and break things down more for the separate issues.    Happy to lend a hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I separated out a few threads that were not related to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that 416.16 was working for you. Is that not correct?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Me too. Now, I don't event get the Adobe crash screen. At least Pr just crashes without taking my machine with it.

This is a potentially career ending situation since I am at a customer site...and I am expected to do real time editing.

My machine.

Alienware 15 R4

i7-8750H, 32gb RAM, 1T SSD with the OS, with 1T NVMe drive and a 256G NVMe Cache drive with the adobecache on it.

NVidia GTX 1070 and Intel Graphics 630

64bit Windows 10, build 1803, OSbuild 17134.376

NVidia driver 416.81-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql

I'd like to cry...but no one would care, as the sweat of embarrassment has blended with my tears, as my career withers away in front of a customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...so an NEW nVidia driver was released today...I am now using 416.94 (released on Nov 13, 2018). I have done a clean re-install of Pr and nothing else. I deleted my adobecache and everything that was associated with my Pr account - except for the things I have no control over in the "cloud". Lets see how this goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Still crashing. Still about to lose my job over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe...does anyone want to do a Zoom session with me? I will show you exactly what is happening? I have the latest everything on this machine. Someone broke something and it was not me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this appears to be the module that is crashing.

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 13.0.1.13, time stamp: 0x5bd2cef7

Faulting module name: REDR3D-x64.dll, version: 7.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b5288f3

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000709e1

Faulting process id: 0x3398

Faulting application start time: 0x01d47c484987e659

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\REDR3D-x64.dll

Report Id: 95b408d7-23c7-45f3-96af-3c08014c504f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After much struggle...and with fingers crossed...the last update worked - the Intel Graphics adapter in addition to the GTX 1070 and the very latest of everything. Lets see what happens now. On the Alienware 15 R4 make sure you update the Intel UHD 630 Graphics as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines