• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lasso tool progress line missing on latest Photoshop CC Update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after downloading and installing the latest Photoshop CC, all three lasso tools seem to have lost the progress line you'd get when drawing out a selection with them, so you can't see where you've selected until the selection path is closed and the marching ants appear. Nothing else has been changed/updated on my Mac, just Photoshop – any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated!

AS an update, the handles don't appear when trying to transform a layer either

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on Nov. 14, 2018: I shared the solution to this issue below.

I'm having the same issues with Photoshop CC 2019 (20.0.0) and they're driving me nuts. I've noticed that text does not visibly highlight when I select it so I guess the glitch has something to do with selection visibility in general.

I may revert to an older version to get by, but I did find two workarounds for the issues you mentioned and they're not totally terrible:

• Rather than using the Lasso tool, you can activate the Pen tool, change the tool mode to Path in the options bar, draw a path, and then click Make: Selection. Not great, but one benefit of this is being able to drag anchors to create smooth curves in a selection.
  • If you select View > Show > Layer Edges in the menu at the top of the screen, this will put a visible line around the edge of each active layer, which helps when you're transforming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I see red marching ants for marquee tool as I'm making a selection, but the lasso reveal nothing while making a selection.

It renders the Lasso completely unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone showed me the solution to this issue yesterday! It's a simple fix.

In the top menu of Photoshop CC 2019, navigate to Photoshop CC > Preferences > Performance... to open the performance preferences.

Screenshot of the Photoshop menu expanded to show the user navigating to the Performance button.

Click the Advanced Settings... button under Graphics Processor Settings to open the advanced graphics processor settings.

Screenshot of the performance preferences dialog box in Photoshop with the Advanced Settings button highlighted.

Change the Drawing Mode to Basic then click the OK button.

Screenshot of the advanced graphics processor settings dialog box in Photoshop with the dropdown menu of Drawing Modes highlighted. A drawing mode labelled Basic is selected.

Click the OK button on the Preferences dialog box to apply these changes then restart Photoshop.

This should solve issues with the lasso path not appearing, missing borders/anchors while transforming layers/selections, and missing highlight/insertion point while editing text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and thankfully your solution worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your fix for this!!! I was going nuts. I have a co-worker who was NOT having the same problem (even with the same settings), and I think the reason was because we have different video cards.  Yipee!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect workaround; not quite an answer to why this is happening but it fixes the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fix. Who cares why - you fixed it!  I think for the moderator to say "Not Answered" might have some poor soul like me going off to another post. You're the genius - not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm - THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought here guys, but if having Drawing Mode set to Advanced causes issues, I'd be making sure the video card driver was up to date, and from the card maker's site. 

Is this a Mac only problem?  Has anyone with a Windows system had this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found out I had the same problem w/ Photoshop CC 2019 on a 2011 iMac running OSX 10.12.6. The suggested workaround worked perfectly, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines