• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop-down for Keywords does not show correctly in full screen mode

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to LR Classic 8.0 and macOS Mojave 10.14.1 the keyword drop-down list (when typing keywords after cmd-K) in full screen mode sometimes only appears as a very light and unreadable grey block instead of the usual dropdown. It works normally when exiting full screen mode and again for a while after re-entering full screen mode, but then gets all messed up again. It seems the real drop-down window appears to the right outside the fulls screen...

Does anybody else have the same problem or a solution?

Running OS X on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your last screen pic appears to show the completion dropdown working properly?  (By the way, on Mac you can capture the current screen using Cmd + Shift + 3, which places the screenshot on your desktop.)

When the LR user interface starts going screwy, resetting LR's preferences often fixes it: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks johnrellis for your answer - yes, the second picture is the dropdown working properly in window mode and the first was the screwed-up version in fullscreen mode (sorry that I didn't comment on the pictures properly). I'll try resetting the preferences right away and keep you updated if it resolved the problem.

(I tried using the new mojave cmd+shift+5 printscreen tool - but every time I wanted to take the screenshot, the dropdown disappeared, that's why i used a less sophisticaded iPhone screenshot. Cmd+Shift+3 would have worked, you're right!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cyber-r​

Inside Utilities, in the Applications folder, is a tool called Screenshot that lets you do timed screenshots.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SeanMcCormack​

Thanks - I managed in the end with cmd-shift-3... I posted the problem/bug in the feedback forum as suggested by johnrellis​ under

Keyword drop-down bug in LR 8.0 full screen mode in osX Mojave | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem (apart from me having to reset my preferences   )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend posting a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Adobe product developers read everything there (and sometimes reply), but are rarely seen in this user-to-user forum. Include full details, including screenshots (Cmd+Shift+3 if you can make them) and the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info. Mention that you've already tried resetting preferences.  (Merely including a link to this thread will make it less likely they'll pay attention.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done - I'll keep you posted if I get an answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines